Search.searchpat.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.searchpat.com)
Search.searchpat.com is a part of the Package Tracker application, which is usually classified as potentially unwanted. The program comes from SaferBrowser, a company that is responsible for a number of similar apps that cause more troubles than they do good. The potentially unwanted program spreads online through freeware and shareware.
Once installed, it alters your browser settings switching them to Search.searchpat.com. That is why this page is often referred to as a browser hijacker. This article can help you remove Search.searchpat.com and its related app without much difficulty.
How does Search.searchpat.com work?
After you install Package Tracker onto your PC, your home page, new tab, and default search provider get replaced with Search.searchpat.com. This site contains a search box and such quick access buttons as UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL. If you search the Web using your new search tool, you will get Yahoo Search results modified by SaferBrowser. This means that you will see sponsored links in your results. You should not trust these links blindly as they may be unreliable.
In addition to the sponsored content in your search results, you will also notice various adverts on other sites that you visit. They will appear in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, and so on. These ads may be just as unsafe. Please note that none of the advertisements are endorsed by the extension, so SaferBrowser does not hold any responsibility for what happens after you click on them. You could land on a corrupted page and risk infecting your PC with malware or wasting your money on bogus products. If you wish to avoid such consequences and get rid of the other symptoms of the hijacker like redirects, tracking cookies, and Internet slow downs, you should eliminate Search.searchpat.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Search.searchpat.com?
There is no question that you should terminate Search.searchpat.com. You can do that manually or automatically. The automatic removal option is more effective, because an anti-malware utility can clean your system from all unwanted files and programs that it contains. If you download the malware remover from our site, it will scan your PC and delete Search.searchpat.com along with other unsafe components that it detects. More than that, the security tool will also provide you with online protection, so that your computer stays safe at all times. Alternatively, you can delete Search.searchpat.com manually by uninstalling Package Tracker from your computer and browser extensions and restoring your browser settings. Manual Search.searchpat.com removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchpat.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchpat.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchpat.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchpat.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchpat.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchpat.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchpat.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchpat.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchpat.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchpat.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchpat.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchpat.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchpat.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchpat.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.