What is Search.searchsmg.com?
Search.searchsmg.com is a yet another browser hijacker from SaferBrowser. This company has released a variety of similar apps that appear to have some useful features, but in general aim at exposing you to advertising content and thus making profit for their creators. The hijacker travels online together with the Super Mega Gaming extension, both of which get attached to free software. It is entirely possible that you acquired it by accident. If that is the case, you should not delay Search.searchsmg.com removal. It will allow you to restore your browser settings and get rid of the other unwanted symptoms of the hijacker.
How does Search.searchsmg.com work?
Once the Super Mega Gaming extension gets installed, it changes your new tab, home page, and default search provider to Search.searchsmg.com. It also adds a toolbar containing such buttons as Free Games, Big Fish Games, Yahoo! Games, Block World, and others. Your new search engine will show you results from SaferBrowser Yahoo Search. Please note these results will contain sponsored links that come from SaferBrowser. These links may be unsafe, so we would advise that you avoid clicking on them.
Unfortunately, none of the advertising data brought to you by the hijacker is endorsed by it. This means that you click on the adverts at your own risk. They could be unreliable and reroute you to corrupted sites. If you do not wish to infect your PC with malware or suffer other consequences of falling for a virtual scam, you should avoid all ads until you get rid of Search.searchsmg.com. Other symptoms of the hijacker include it constantly redirecting you to its associated pages and slowing down your online surfing speed. The browser hijacker also tracks your cookies thus collecting information about your Internet browsing habits.
How to remove Search.searchsmg.com?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to get rid of Search.searchsmg.com and its related application. You can complete the removal manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Search.searchsmg.com manually, you will first have to uninstall Super Mega Gaming from your computer. Once you do that, you should be able to reset your browsers without any problems. In case you need more detailed instructions, you are welcome to use the manual Search.searchsmg.com removal guide provided below this article. Alternatively, you can terminate Search.searchsmg.com automatically with the help of the anti-malware utility provided on our site. The security tool will scan your PC and detect all issues. It will not only clean your system, but also provide it with online protection, so that it stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchsmg.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchsmg.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchsmg.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchsmg.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchsmg.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchsmg.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchsmg.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchsmg.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchsmg.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchsmg.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchsmg.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchsmg.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchsmg.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchsmg.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.