About this threat
Search.searchtzc.com is a questionable website promoted by a browser hijacker. If the infection manages to get into your computer, you will find your browser loading the website as your homepage and new tabs. It could perform these changes without your explicit permission, which is one of the reasons why it’s classified as a hijacker.
Although it’s not a malicious threat by itself, because it hijacks your browser and tries to redirect you to sponsored websites, it’s recommended that you get rid of it as soon as possible. Those redirects would lead you to weird sites, and this is happening because the owners of those sites would earn money from increased traffic. Unfortunately, not all of those websites will be secure. If you are redirected, which would happen via search engine, you need to be careful to not accidentally obtain malware. It would be best if you just delete Search.searchtzc.com from your browser and your computer. And in case you are wondering, the threat was able to enter your computer via freeware bundles. It was attached to some program that you were installing, and if you did not deselect it, it was allowed to install alongside. It’s not the most dangerous infection out there but it’s not something you would want to have on your computer either so best avoid it.
How does it spread?
These kinds of infections are added to freeware as extra offers. They are added in a way that allows it install alongside without you even noticing, which is why you need to be attentive when installing programs. Read the information provided, follow the process carefully and pick Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Those settings will make the offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. Think carefully about allowing any of the items to install because they’ll most likely be more trouble than they’re worth. Some could just be trouble, such as this infection. Dealing with them after installation will be troublesome so it’s best if you prevent their installation in the first place.
Why remove Search.searchtzc.com?
As soon as it installs, the hijacker will make changes to your browser, and set its promoted site as your homepage and new tabs. If you know how, you might try to reverse the alterations but you will quickly find out that it’s not possible while the infection is still present. It will just reverse all changes you make. All browsers could be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it might not matter which browser you are using. The website looks identical to countless others, the only thing different is the shortcuts provided. Other websites promoted by hijackers from the same family can have shortcuts to streaming, music, sport, tax-related, etc. websites while this one will be weather and time oriented. It also has links to Amazon, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. If you use the provided search engine, you will be taken to Saferbrowser Yahoo, where you might encounter sponsored content. They’re usually pretty obvious but if you’ve never encountered them before, you may accidentally click on them. Those results will have very little to do with what you were search for, and are only aiming to earn money from traffic. If you enter such as website, close it because it could be hiding malware, which might enter your computer without you even noticing. The hijacker could also be collecting information about your browsing habits in order to generate more relevant sponsored content.
Hijackers are not difficult to get rid of, although the method you choose should depend on how much experience you have with computers. If you are not familiar with eliminating programs, we recommend you obtain anti-spyware software to uninstall Search.searchtzc.com. The program would take care of it for you. If you would prefer the manual way, you can use the below provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchtzc.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchtzc.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchtzc.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchtzc.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchtzc.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchtzc.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchtzc.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchtzc.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchtzc.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchtzc.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchtzc.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchtzc.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchtzc.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchtzc.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.