What is search-select.co?
search-select.co may seem like a legitimate search engine, but it is actually a browser hijacker. It attempts to mimic Google Search, however, it is in no way related to it. The hijacker usually takes over your browsers after you install free software onto your PC without paying attention to its installation wizard. It changes your settings and makes other alterations, which are aimed at achieving its main goal. The goal of the hijacker is to generate revenue by promoting its sponsors. If you want to go back to your original settings, you will have to terminate search-select.co.
How does search-select.co work?
The hijacker switches your home page and default search engine to search-select.co after it gets access to your computer. This website cannot be trusted. It contains a search box and a suspicious ad. If you try using the search box, you will get Google Custom Search results, which will include sponsored links coming from the hijacker. It is important that you know that these ads do not belong to Google. They could be unreliable and we advise that you do not click on them. The same goes for the other advertisements that you will encounter while surfing the Internet.
search-select.co is known to use tracking cookies and collect information about your online habits. It includes your visited sites, clicked ads, searched terms, etc. This data can be used for marketing purposes like creating personalized ads. Keep in mind that even the adverts that appear to be especially relevant to you could be fake. Clicking on fake ads may result in landing on unsafe pages and infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malign threats. If you do not wish to expose your PC to unnecessary risks, you should stay away from all advertising data until you get rid of search-select.co for good.
How to remove search-select.co?
In order to erase search-select.co from your browsers, you will have to identify and terminate its related application. Once you do that, you should be able to fix your browser settings without any difficulty. You can complete search-select.co removal manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with the second option, because it will allow you to fully clean your PC. If you make use of the anti-malware presented on our site, it will scan your system, detect all issues., and eliminate search-select.co with them. The security tool will also shield your computer from other online threats. Alternatively, you can delete search-select.co manually by following the instructions we have prepared below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search-select.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search-select.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search-select.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search-select.co and related programs.
Remove search-select.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search-select.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search-select.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search-select.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search-select.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search-select.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search-select.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search-select.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search-select.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search-select.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.