What is Search-selector.co?
Search-selector.co is the website that will be set as your homepage if the potentially unwanted program (PUP) Search Sector has been installed onto your computer. Search sector is advertised as an add-on that will help you manage your search results. It also lets you change the background of your homepage. It can be obtained from the official site but it may also use the bundling method to enter your computer.
If you do not remember downloading Search Sector, it must have been attached to some free software you installed. If you want to prevent these unwanted installations in the future, pay closer attention to how you install free software. This PUP will not harm your computer itself but it will make changes to your browser and you may not have agreed to them. It will also follow your browsing sessions and collect certain information about you. If you want to protect your privacy, you need to delete Search-selector.co.
How does Search-selector.co spread?
If you did not download it yourself, it probably installed together with free software. Next time you install programs you get from the Internet, pay close attention to the installation process and make sure nothing is attached to it. If there is, you need to deselect what has been added. We suggest using Advanced (Custom) settings and deselecting added items. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and you can proceed to install the software. A lot of users rush through the installation process in Default settings and that is why they are stuck with having to remove Search-selector.co or something of the same kind.
Why uninstall Search-selector.co?
Search Sector will help you manage your search results by allowing you to select the search engine of your preference (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.). It can also be attached to all leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It will set Search-selector.co as your homepage and if you did not install this PUP yourself, the changes will come as a surprise as you were not asked to permit them. Not only that, you will also not be able to undo these changes unless you first delete Search-selector.co from your system. While the services it provides will not necessarily do any harm, it should be noted that it may be tracking your browsing activities. All your search queries, web history, etc. will be visible to Search-selector.co. That information may be sold to third parties who might use it for their own purposes. You should not allow such questionable applications to stay on your computer. Uninstall Search-selector.co.
It should not be difficult to remove Search-selector.co, especially if you are using professional removal software. The program would take care of Search-selector.co removal for you and you could go back regular browsing. If you wish to erase Search-selector.co manually, you are welcome to use the provided instructions below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-selector.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-selector.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-selector.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-selector.co and related programs.
Remove Search-selector.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-selector.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-selector.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-selector.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-selector.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-selector.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-selector.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-selector.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-selector.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-selector.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.