Search.smacklek.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.smacklek.com)
Search.smacklek.com is a web browser hijacker that is similar to Search.myppes.com, Search.dashingpool.com, Search.montagebox.com, Seach.installmac.com, and other members of this group. It is supposed to be a powerful search tool, according to its description, but, in reality, it is nothing but a hijacker aimed at earning revenue for its creators.
It affects all popular web browsers by changing their settings, inserting advertisements into your visited websites, and causing other disturbances. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker, which is why we recommend that you terminate Search.smacklek.com without hesitation.
You can acquire the browser hijacker without even realizing it by installing other freeware onto your computer. Free software installers are rather deceptive nowadays, which is why you need to pay careful attention to them. Always choose Advanced installation mode instead of the Recommended one and deselect all offers of additional apps. In some cases, even if you un-tick the boxes with these offers, you need to click Decline at the bottom, because if you do not, you will still install the unwanted applications. As you can see, if you want to avoid the unnecessary programs, you cannot skip through the installation process.
How to remove Search.smacklek.com?
You can delete Search.smacklek.com by following the instructions of the manual removal guide presented below the article or by implementing an anti-malware tool. If you choose to delete Search.smacklek.com manually, you will have to uninstall the application linked to the hijacker and then restore your web browsers. These tasks are described in more detail in the instructions below. If, on the other hand, you want to go with the safer option and erase Search.smacklek.com automatically, you will have to use the malware removal utility from our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted components. It will then remove Search.smacklek.com along with other threats, and provide you with real-time online protection, so that your computer stays clean and safe from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.smacklek.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.smacklek.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.smacklek.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.smacklek.com and related programs.
Remove Search.smacklek.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.smacklek.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.smacklek.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.smacklek.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.smacklek.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.smacklek.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.smacklek.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.smacklek.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.smacklek.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.smacklek.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.