About this threat in short
Search-smart.work is a hijacker that is to blame for the necessary alterations made to your operating system. Many users might be lost when they encounter the redirect virus set up, as they don’t realize they set it up accidentally themselves. reroute viruses are attached to free applications, and this is referred to as packaging. No need to worry about the reroute virus directly damaging your machine as it’s not thought to be malicious. What it will do, however, is reroute to advertisement websites. Those sites are not always secure so if you visited a unsafe website, you might end up contaminating your operating system with malware. It will not give any beneficial features to you, so authorizing it to stay is rather silly. If you wish to return to usual browsing, you will need to terminate Search-smart.work.
How did the browser hijacker contaminate your device
Freeware frequently come along with additional items. The list includes adware, redirect viruses and other types of unwanted applications. People generally end up permitting browser intruders and other undesirable offers to enter since they don’t choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. All you need to do if there is something added is uncheck it/them. By picking Default settings, you are essentially permitting them to install automatically. It will take much longer to eliminate Search-smart.work than it would to uncheck a few boxes, so consider that the next time you are flying through setup.
Why must you abolish Search-smart.work?
You will notice rather quickly that it changes your browser’s settings as soon as the browser hijacker is installed. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set to load as your homepage. It It will be capable of affecting all popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. And all your efforts to undo the modifications will go to waste unless you first terminate Search-smart.work from your computer. We suggest avoiding to use the search engine advertised on your new homepage as it will embed advertisement content into the results, in order to redirect you. Browser hijackers do this so as to to get profit from additional traffic. You will quickly grow tired of the reroute virus because it will repeatedly redirect you to odd websites. It ought to be mentioned that the redirects might also be somewhat damaging. The reroutes may lead you to a page where some damaging programs are waiting for you, and some malware could enter your operating system. To prevent a much more severe contamination, terminate Search-smart.work from your device.
You need to get anti-spyware programs to fully uninstall Search-smart.work. Going with by hand Search-smart.work uninstallation means you will have to find the reroute virus yourself. Still, a guide on how to uninstall Search-smart.work will be placed below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-smart.workUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-smart.work. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-smart.work and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-smart.work and related programs.
Remove Search-smart.work from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-smart.work from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-smart.work from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-smart.work from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-smart.work or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-smart.work from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-smart.work from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-smart.work from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-smart.work from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-smart.work and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.