Search.surfcanyon.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.surfcanyon.com)
Search.surfcanyon.com is a browser hijacker that enters your PC with a potentially unwanted program called Surf Canyon. This application appears as an extension in all of your browsers. It belongs to Rank Dynamics and is promoted as a productive search tool that can help you find the most relevant results when searching for information online.
Unfortunately, changing your browser settings is not the only feature of the hijacker. It is also known to provide you with unreliable ads, cause redirects, slow down your surfing, and more. We suggest that you terminate Search.surfcanyon.com without further delay.
Search.surfcanyon.com’s main symptom is browser settings modification, which means that it replaces your home page, new tab, and default search engine. The site itself looks completely reliable and does not differ much from other search portals. If you enter a query into the search box that it presents you with, you will get original results. Keep in mind, however, that these results may contain sponsored links. You are likely to see sponsored content on other pages as well. We advise that you avoid this content, because it may be unsafe. If you click on a fake ad, you will risk infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs. You should not take such unnecessary risks.
Other symptoms related to the hijacker include it tracking your cookies and using the collected information (like your visited pages, clicked ads, searched terms, etc.) to generate customized ads. The hijacker may also cause redirects to its associated pages in the middle of your sessions. This will considerably slow down your browsing speed. Your computer performance may suffer because of the hijacker as well. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you should delete Search.surfcanyon.com for good.
How to remove Search.surfcanyon.com?
Search.surfcanyon.com removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. We advise that you go with automatic removal option, because it is more beneficial. If you download the anti-malware tool from our site, it will scan your PC and detect all unwanted files and programs. It will then eliminate Search.surfcanyon.com along with them. In addition to that, the security software will also keep your system shielded from other online infections you may catch in the future. The alternative solution is to delete Search.surfcanyon.com manually. You can do that by uninstalling its related program from your computer and restoring your web browser settings. Step-by-step instructions on how to remove Search.surfcanyon.com manually are provided right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.surfcanyon.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.surfcanyon.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.surfcanyon.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.surfcanyon.com and related programs.
Remove Search.surfcanyon.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.surfcanyon.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.surfcanyon.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.surfcanyon.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.surfcanyon.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.surfcanyon.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.surfcanyon.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.surfcanyon.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.surfcanyon.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.surfcanyon.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.