Search.twcc.com Removal Guide
Search.twcc.com is promoted as a tool that can improve the quality of your online surfing. It is supposed to provide you with quick access to your favorite websites. Unfortunately, the actual purpose of the application has nothing to do with that.
It aims at generating web traffic as that is how it earns revenue for its creators, Exlee. The hijacker may replace your browser settings without your permission and cause other disturbances like pop-ups, links, video ads, redirects, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete Search.twcc.com.
How does Search.twcc.com work?
The hijacker has an official webpage, where it is advertised. The site presents you with a description of the tool, FAQ, and Support. However, it does not provide a download button. This means that the hijacker travels in freeware and shareware bundles. Free software often comes with additional offers. These offers include potentially unwanted applications that are used to monetize the free services. The apps are not nearly as beneficial as their description may claim. You should avoid them at all times. You can do that by installing freeware in the Advanced mode and deselecting all optional programs in the wizard.
Once inside, the hijacker replaces your home page and default search provider with Search.twcc.com. The page presents you with a search box, which shows you original results that are filled with sponsored content. You will not be able to search the Web efficiently with this engine. In addition to the sponsored link, you will also see advertisements on other sites that you open. Some of the ads will be fake, so you should be careful not to click on them. Doing so may lead to serious consequences including malware infection. We advise that you stay away from all adverts until you uninstall Search.twcc.com.
How to remove Search.twcc.com?
There are plenty of reasons for you to terminate Search.twcc.com. It not only floods you with unreliable commercial data, but it also slows down your browsing speed, causes redirects to unknown sites, and so on. You can remove Search.twcc.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.twcc.com removal, you will have to uninstall its associated program as well. Only after you do that will you be able to fix your browser settings. Instructions below the article can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can implement a malware removal and prevention tool that will scan and clean your PC completely. It will not only delete Search.twcc.com and other potential threats, but also protect your computer from other infections you may catch on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.twcc.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.twcc.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.twcc.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.twcc.com and related programs.
Remove Search.twcc.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.twcc.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.twcc.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.twcc.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.twcc.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.twcc.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.twcc.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.twcc.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.twcc.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.twcc.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.