What is Search.us.com?
If you have opened your Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox and noticed a new website in the place of your homepage and search provider, this indicates that a browser hijacker has arrived on your computer and then altered your browsers’ settings. Because of all these undesirable changes, this website is called a browser hijacker.
Browser hijackers might be dangerous since they display tons of commercial advertisements which might redirect to untrustworthy pages. These advertisements are not displayed as pop-ups or banners. Users are presented with the sponsored search results, which are pure advertisements, when they use Search.us.com to search for the information on the web. You cannot do much to avoid these ads. The only thing you can do about that is to uninstall Search.us.com from all browsers. Do this as soon as possible because it might be too late to do that the other day.
What does Search.us.com do?
Search.us.com is a browser hijacker, so it does not do anything but sets itself as a homepage and default search engine. Because of this, users are forced to use this website to search the web. To be honest, it is an extremely bad idea to search the web using it because a bigger half of its search results are pure advertisements promoting third-party pages. Not all these pages are so innocent. Some of them might work as homepages of malicious software, which suggests that users might quickly allow malware to enter their systems if they use this search tool. Users usually are not aware of the fact that they might be exposed to malware, so they use fearlessly Search.us.com. Consequently, they do not hurry to remove Search.us.com. This is the main mistake they make. We want to help you protect your PC from dangerous malicious applications, so we are going to help you delete Search.us.com from browsers in the last paragraph.
How is Search.us.com distributed?
Several different methods might be used to spread browser hijackers, but we have almost no doubts that Search.us.com has arrived on your computer bundled with third-party software. Because of this, it is not even surprising that users cannot explain why a new search tool has appeared on their browsers out of the blue. You might get infected with a browser hijacker again if you do not even try to protect your PC from malicious software. If you do not know how this can be done, you should start by installing a security application on your computer.
How can I remove Search.us.com?
Choose one of two methods to delete Search.us.com from your PC: a manual method or an automatic one. If the first method is employed, this means that users have to implement the Search.us.com removal by hand. In the case of the automatic method, an automatic tool needs to be used. Both methods are good, but the second one is oriented towards less experienced users. If you consider yourself one, go to implement the automatic Search.us.com removal without considerations. Make sure you use a fully trustworthy tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.us.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.us.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like search.us.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.us.com and related programs.
Remove search.us.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.us.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.us.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.us.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.us.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.us.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.us.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.us.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.us.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.