Search.wharkike.com is a fake search engine that targets Mac users. Search.wharkike.com can also be called a browser hijackers and most users are not aware of it infecting their computers. It’s bundled together with free software and most users unknowingly install/download it. It’s not a malicious virus but you still do not want it on your computer.
It can monitor your browsing sessions and gather data, and potentially sell it to third-parties. Browser hijackers are also known to redirect users to certain websites, and the worrying thing about this is that they could lead you to a dangerous website and you might end up with malware on your computer. There are much more reliable search engines out there so we suggest you remove Search.wharkike.com at once.
How does Search.wharkike.com spread?
Search.wharkike.com spreads just like any other browser hijacker and that is via freeware. It’s attached as an additional items to certain freeware, which means that when you install/download the freeware, Search.wharkike.com installs/downloads as well. When you download freeware, it is strongly advised you read the Terms and Services. Added items are not shown when you download freeware but it will be stated in the Terms and Services. Freeware might have all sorts of items added so you should take our advise. We also strongly recommend that you uninstall Search.wharkike.com, if it managed to infiltrate your computer.
Why must I delete Search.wharkike.com?
When Search.wharkike.com installs onto your Mac, it will hijack your browser and alter settings. It’s reported that Search.wharkike.com affects the leading browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. What Search.wharkike.com does is, it changes your browser’s settings so that your homepage, new tabs and search engine are set to Search.wharkike.com. It will prevent you from changing the settings back without first having to remove Search.wharkike.com. This means that unless you delete Search.wharkike.com, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Search.wharkike.com. The search engine will insert loads of sponsored content into the results and it does that to lead you to certain websites to generate traffic. While not always the case, those websites could be dangerous. If you were to enter such a website, you could end up infected with malware. And malware is a serious computer threat. Search.wharkike.com could also be collecting information about you, such as IP addresses, web and search histories and so on. It’s not sensitive information but you still do not want it to end up in the wrong hands. Uninstall Search.wharkike.com before it brings trouble.
Search.wharkike.com removal is not difficult but you will need to find and erase Search.wharkike.com related freeware. Instructions on how to get rid of Search.wharkike.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.wharkike.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.wharkike.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.wharkike.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.wharkike.com and related programs.
Remove Search.wharkike.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.wharkike.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.wharkike.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.wharkike.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.wharkike.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.wharkike.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.wharkike.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.wharkike.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.wharkike.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.wharkike.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove wharkike
- delete wharkike
- who are wharkike
- what is wharkike website
- wharkike uninstall
- wharkike search delete it from web browser
- wharkike review
- wharkike extension safari
- uninstall wharkike
- remove wharkike from safari
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.