What is Search.yourpackagesnow.com?
Search.yourpackagesnow.com is a browser hijacker that comes as a part of the Your Packages Now application. Your Packages Now is promoted as a tool that can provide you with information about your shipment on your new tab page. It can help you track shipped packages from UPS, USPS, FedEx, and other carriers. Although these features may be somewhat beneficial, what most computer users do not realize is that when they acquire the utility, they also agree to changing their browser settings including their home page and default search provider. If that was never your intention, you should terminate Search.yourpackagesnow.com right away.
How does Search.yourpackagesnow.com work?
Your Packages Now has an official webpage, where it can be acquired. Keep in mind, however, that the hijacker may have also entered your computer in a freeware bundle. Once in the system, the hijacker replaces your home page and search engine with Search.yourpackagesnow.com. This site contains a toolbar, a search box, and such quick access buttons as Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, Walmart, Twitter, eBay, and some others. The toolbar has links to UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL. It also presents you with a search box and a Local Weather icon. Both search boxes that you see on the page show you results from Saferbrowser Yahoo Web Search. These results contain sponsored links.
In addition to changing your browser settings, the hijacker is also known to cause other symptoms. It may insert various ads into your visited pages and redirect you to its sponsor sites. The hijacker also tracks your cookies and collects information about you. This information is used to make the ads appear more relevant to you. What you should know is that you cannot trust the commercial data shown to you as it could be unreliable. If you do not want risk your computer’s safety, you should eliminate Search.yourpackagesnow.com from your browsers without hesitation.
How to remove Search.yourpackagesnow.com?
Luckily, Search.yourpackagesnow.com removal is not that complicated. You can complete it manually by uninstalling Your Packages Now from your computer and fixing your browser settings. Instructions presented below the article can help you with these tasks. Alternative solution is to erase Search.yourpackagesnow.com automatically. In order to do that, you will have to use a malware removal tool. The utility from our page can scan your computer and detect all of its issues. It can help you delete Search.yourpackagesnow.com along with other potential threats. Another advantage of this option is that the security software will not only terminate Search.yourpackagesnow.com, but also protect your computer from other infections that you may catch while surfing the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.yourpackagesnow.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.yourpackagesnow.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.yourpackagesnow.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.yourpackagesnow.com and related programs.
Remove search.yourpackagesnow.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.yourpackagesnow.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.yourpackagesnow.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.yourpackagesnow.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.yourpackagesnow.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.yourpackagesnow.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.yourpackagesnow.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.yourpackagesnow.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.yourpackagesnow.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.yourpackagesnow.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.