Search123now.net Removal Guide
Search123now.net is practically identical to Searchonlineusa.com, Quick4search.com, Urban-Search.com, and some other browser hijackers that have been on the rise recently. All of these pages are listed as having potentially unsafe content.
It means that you cannot trust them, despite the fact that they do not look any different from other search portals. The main symptom of the hijacker is that it modifies your browser settings, but it causes other disruptions as well. If you want to go back to your original preferences and eliminate its annoying symptoms, you will have to terminate Search123now.net.
How does Search123now.net work?
Browser hijackers often spread online in freeware and shareware bundles, so it is entirely possible that you acquired it by accident. Once inside, the hijacker changes your home page and default search provider replacing them with Search123now.net. This site presents you with a search box, “Top Searches” links, “Cool stuff” links, etc. The page may contain ads and you may also see sponsored links in the search results provided by the engine. It is imperative to keep in mind that the advertisements could be fake. They are not monitored by anyone and you click on them at your own risk. You may end up landing on a corrupted website and infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs. You may be exposed to other scams as well.
In addition to browser settings modifications and unreliable advertising data, which appears on your screen no matter where you go online, the hijacker also causes redirects to its sponsor pages that happen at random. These unnecessary activities slow down your surfing speed. Your computer performance may be negatively affected by the application as well. If you do not wish to deal with any of these symptoms any longer, you should not hesitate to delete Search123now.net from your browsers.
How to remove Search123now.net?
If you want to uninstall Search123now.net, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. We advise that you go with the second one as it is more beneficial. You can delete Search123now.net automatically by using the malware prevention and removal tool from our site. It will scan your computer, detect all issues, and eliminate Search123now.net along with them. It will also protect your PC from similar and more serious threats you may encounter online. If, on the other hand, you decide that you wish to remove Search123now.net manually after all, you will have to terminate the hijacker’s related application and edit your browser settings. More detailed instructions are presented right below and you are welcome to use them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search123now.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search123now.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search123now.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search123now.net and related programs.
Remove Search123now.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search123now.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search123now.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search123now.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search123now.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search123now.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search123now.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search123now.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search123now.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search123now.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.