Search2000s.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search2000s.com)
Search2000s.com is a browser hijacker that can infiltrate your computer system without your notice. After infiltration, it alters your web browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. The hijacker may be promoted as a valuable search tool, but, in reality, it is aimed at online traffic generation and nothing more. It is compatible with all popular web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and others.
The hijacker employs pay-per-click system, which means that its developers make money each time you click on one of the presented ads. The adverts will appear everywhere you go online. The only way to get rid of them and other annoying symptoms of the hijacker is to delete Search2000s.com from your browsers.
Search2000s.com gets distributed with the help of free third party software bundles. Freeware and shareware often comes bundled with additional applications, most of which are browser hijackers or adware. These potentially unwanted programs appear in the installation wizard as optional offers. If you choose Advanced or Custom installation mode, you will be able to notice these offers and decline them. However, in most cases, computer users simply do not pay enough attention to the installation wizard. They install freeware through the Regular or Recommended mode and thus agree to adding the unfamiliar apps without realizing it. You should not make the same mistake in the future.
What does Search2000s.com do?
The hijacker alters your Internet browser settings as soon as it gets installed. It replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Search2000s.com. This page may not differ much from reliable search sites, but you should not trust it blindly. You should not click on any ads that may appear on it. The same goes for the sponsored links in the search results brought to you by your new search engine. In fact, you should be cautious with all advertisements that you encounter while surfing the Web as long as you have got the hijacker installed. The advertisements that it shows you are not all reliable. You could be tricked into clicking on bogus ads. This could result in various unwanted consequences like malware infections, financial losses, and so on. Therefore, you should avoid all commercials until you terminate Search2000s.com completely.
Another aspect of the browser hijacker that you should know about is the fact that it tracks your cookies. By tracking your cookies, the hijacker records your online surfing related details like what pages you visit, what adverts you click on, what you search for, and so on. Although this data is not personally-identifiable, it would still be best to keep it private. Other symptoms of the browser hijacker include random redirects, Internet slow downs, and sluggish computer performance. You should delete Search2000s.com and thus eliminate all of its symptoms.
How to remove Search2000s.com?
There are two Search2000s.com removal options that you can choose from: manual and automatic. We suggest that you focus on automatic removal option, because it is a more reliable way to go. If you download and install the anti-malware utility from our page, it will scan your computer and detect all potentially unwanted programs and files. You will then be able to use it to remove Search2000s.com along with other detected threats. Moreover, the security software will continue being useful in the future by providing you with real-time online protection as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Another way to terminate Search2000s.com is by uninstalling the application with which it got installed and then restoring your browser settings. These tasks can be completed with the help of the manual Search2000s.com removal guide that we have prepared and presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search2000s.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search2000s.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search2000s.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search2000s.com and related programs.
Remove Search2000s.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search2000s.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search2000s.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search2000s.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search2000s.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search2000s.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search2000s.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search2000s.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search2000s.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search2000s.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.