search5.fvpimageviewer.com is a browser hijacker that pretends to be a useful image viewer. It’s considered to be a browser hijacker because it can get into your system without you knowing and can change your browser’s settings. By installing freeware in Default settings, you might get search5.fvpimageviewer.com. Once it’s on your computer, it will attach itself to your browser and then change settings. You will notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to search5.fvpimageviewer.com and you will not be able to restore the settings without having to remove search5.fvpimageviewer.com. It’s of no use to you and might expose you to danger in the future, therefore, we suggest you delete search5.fvpimageviewer.com.
How does search5.fvpimageviewer.com spread
It has an official website where you can download search5.fvpimageviewer.com. But if you do not remember doing that, it must have entered your computer via freeware. Browser hijacker, adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) developers attach their created items to freeware and when users install that freeware, they install those items as well. This can be avoided by using Advanced (Custom) settings during the installation process. Advanced settings allow you to see what additional items are being installed along with the free software. If you use Default settings, you risk missing those items being installed onto your computer. Whichever way you got it, we suggest you delete search5.fvpimageviewer.com.
What does search5.fvpimageviewer.com do
When you install it, search5.fvpimageviewer.com attaches itself to your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) and changes settings. It sets your homepage, new tabs, and search engine to search5.fvpimageviewer.com. You can’t change the settings back without search5.fvpimageviewer.com removal. If you were to use the search engine, you might get weird search results leading you to questionable websites. Browser hijackers basically redirect users to certain websites in order to increase traffic on them. That’s the main purpose of browser hijackers. search5.fvpimageviewer.com might also collect certain information about you (search history, websites visited, bookmarks, etc.) and then use it to generate ads. Those ads might also redirect you to weird websites. Bear in mind that those websites are not always safe and might be crawling with malware. It is useless to you and you should uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com before it does damage to your computer.
You can remove search5.fvpimageviewer.com manually as it’s not too complex. But if you want to save time and effort, we suggest you use anti-malware software to uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com from your computer. Instructions on how to erase search5.fvpimageviewer.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search5.fvpimageviewer.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search5.fvpimageviewer.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com and related programs.
Remove search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search5.fvpimageviewer.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search5.fvpimageviewer.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search5.fvpimageviewer.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search5.fvpimageviewer.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.