What is Searchanonymo.com?
Searchanonymo.com, also known as Search Anonymo, is a browser hijacker. It is advertised as an application that will help you browse the web safely by not tracking your searches. In reality, it does track your searches and collect certain kind of information. Browser hijackers make money by exposing users to advertisement content, which is why you may be seeing an increase in ads while browsing the Internet.
You might have also noticed that Searchanonymo.com has changed your browser’s settings and set a different homepage. These changes are irreversible until you remove Searchanonymo.com from your computer. Ignoring this hijacker once it appears is not recommended because it could bring about trouble, even though it is not malicious itself. You could be redirected to dangerous pages where malware could be hidden. If you want to avoid getting into this situation in the future, you need to learn how to properly install freeware because that is how it entered your computer. In the mean time, make sure you delete Searchanonymo.com.
Why should you uninstall Searchanonymo.com?
If this hijacker has installed on your computer, you need to change your installation habits. Freeware usually comes together with added items, adware or hijackers, and they need to be manually deselected in order to prevent them from installing. When you install freeware, use Advanced or Custom settings because you will see what has been added there. If you notice something suspicious, uncheck the box of that added item. We suggest you uncheck all the boxes just to be sure. Freeware installation can be then continued. Rushing through the installation processes in Default settings is why you ended up having to remove Searchanonymo.com in the first place so we suggest you let go of this habit.
If you install this hijacker onto your computer, whether you did it willingly or not, it will take over your browsers and alter settings. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will get rerouted to Searchanonymo.com every time. This is happening because the hijacker has set Searchanonymo.com as your homepage and new tabs. You may struggle to change the settings back because it will just change them again. Until you delete Searchanonymo.com fully, you will be stuck with it. It is supposed to help you keep your privacy while browsing but all it aims to do is expose you to sponsored content. When you search for something, you will see that advertisements have been inserted into the results. This is done because hijackers generate income by redirecting you to those sites. Those redirects could also be malicious and you could end up with a serious malware infection on your hands.
If you opt to uninstall Searchanonymo.com, you have two options. You can erase Searchanonymo.com manually but you would need to locate the hijacker yourself and that may cause problems because it is hidden. We recommend Searchanonymo.com removal using anti-malware software. The program would find and eliminate Searchanonymo.com without issues.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchanonymo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchanonymo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchanonymo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchanonymo.com and related programs.
Remove Searchanonymo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchanonymo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchanonymo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchanonymo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchanonymo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchanonymo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchanonymo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchanonymo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchanonymo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchanonymo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.