Searchatomic.com Removal Tips (Delete Searchatomic.com)
Searchatomic.com is just a simple browser hijacker that infiltrates your favorite browser secretly and without your permission. If you have been attacked by it, you will notice that your default search provider, homepage, and new tab have been turned into searchatomic.com, a search engine that has no benefits in comparison to legitimate search engines. The browser hijacker can usurp all three major browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
Why can Searchatomic.com be dangerous?
The malicious hijacker makes it rather difficult to delete it because it is installed on Windows Startup. This means that the program will be restored each time your computer is turned on. You have to uninstall Searchatomic.com before even using it because it displays unreliable results. You will be presented with a bunch of sponsored links that belong to third-parties and which would not appear on Google or Yahoo search results. It is not recommended to click on the links because of possible malware infections. In addition, Search Atomic displays many third-party advertisements. In other words, your usual browsing session may be disturbed by annoying pop-ups or banners. You may also get redirected to unknown websites that contain viruses. Moreover, the hijacker collects information related to your browsing habits, which include your language, IP addresses, URLs, search queries, and so on. Do not trust this suspicious search engine and delete Searchatomic.com now.
How do computers get infected with Searchatomic.com?
There is a huge possibility that the browser hijacker infected your system because you have been downloading free content from untrustworthy websites. If you are a fan of torrent or other P2P sites that distribute freeware and shareware, we inform you that it is the most straightforward way of getting PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) installed on your PC. Our security team advises you to read all the information that the Installation Wizard provides you with. In addition, reading the Terms and Agreements is also a good idea. You can never be too careful on the Internet: there are cyber criminals whose job is to spread malware and viruses, and you have to be wiser than them.
How to remove Searchatomic.com from my PC?
The browser hijacker might have installed other potentially unwanted applications on your personal computer. Because of that, we recommend you using a legitimate spyware removal program for automatic Searchatomic.com elimination. Of course, manual Searchatomic.com removal can also be implemented but it is still mandatory to scan the PC afterwards.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchatomic.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchatomic.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchatomic.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchatomic.com and related programs.
Remove Searchatomic.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchatomic.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchatomic.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchatomic.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchatomic.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchatomic.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchatomic.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchatomic.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchatomic.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchatomic.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.