SearchYa is a browser add-on that promotes SearchYa.com and is considered to be a browser hijacker. Users do not install SearchYa willingly and most of the time, they are not even aware of how it installed. It spreads using software bundles so if SearchYa is on your computer, you must have recently installed freeware. SearchYa is not a malicious virus and should not harm your computer. It will, however, cause redirects to sponsored websites. Those websites are not always safe so if you were to enter an dangerous site, you could end up with malware on your computer. It will alter certain browser’s settings as well, so that it can redirect you easier. SearchAY is in no way useful to you. Delete SearchYa to return to normal browsing.
How did SearchYa enter my computer?
Not many users are aware of the fact that freeware you can download from the Internet has attached items to it. It can be all sorts of items, including adware, browser hijackers and other kinds of unwanted applications. Those added items are hiding in Advanced or Custom settings so unless you opt for those settings, you will install SearchAY browser hijacker or other unwanted items. If you use Default settings, you give those items permission to install automatically. Now that you know how it managed to enter your computer, uninstall SearchYa.
Why must I delete SearchYa?
When a browser hijacker enters your computer, it will alter your browser’s settings. You will notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to SearchYa.com. It can affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Basically, not matter what browser you use, you will be redirected to SearchYa.com. And it might prevent your from changing the settings back without you first having to uninstall SearchYa from your computer. SearchAY will redirect you to sponsored websites by inserting sponsored results when you use the search engine. Those redirects can be very annoying as they can happen at the most random times. But they can also be dangerous. They could lead you to dangerous websites and you could end up with serious malware on your computer. To prevent this from happening, remove SearchYa from your device.
In order to remove SearchYa, we suggest you use anti-malware software. If you opt for manual SearchYa removal, you will need to locate all related programs and erase SearchYa yourself. Nevertheless, instructions on how to terminate SearchYa will be provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchAYUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchAY. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchAY and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchAY and related programs.
Remove SearchAY from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchAY from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchAY from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchAY from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchAY or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchAY from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchAY from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchAY from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchAY from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchAY and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.