Searchdimension.com is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer together with free software. You might become alarmed when you open your browser and see that your homepage and new tabs have been changed, but there is no need to be too worried. Since browser hijackers are not malware, they do not harm computers directly.
However, Searchdimension.com will make changes to your browser and potentially track your browsing sessions to gather information. You must have allowed the hijacker to enter when you installed free software. It was attached in a way that allows it to install automatically, unless you manually deselect it. Having a hijacker on your computer will only frustrate you, so recommend you remove Searchdimension.com as soon as possible.
Why uninstall Searchdimension.com?
Searchdimension.com got into your computer via software bundles. It was attached to some freeware that you installed, and because you missed the hijacker being attached, it was allowed to install. If you want to prevent these unwanted installations, you need to always choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. You will see what has been added and will have the option of deselecting those items. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the installation processes because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. If you do not want to end up having to remove Searchdimension.com or similar, be attentive about what you install onto your computer,
As soon as Searchdimension.com installs onto your computer, it will alter your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. All major browsers installed on your computer will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Searchdimension.com. These changes were carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo the changes unless you first delete Searchdimension.com from the system. On the site, you will see a search box that provides you with Google, Yahoo and Bing search engines. We do not really see the point of Searchdimension.com as you can just go to the search engine of your choice directly. It may be recording your browsing sessions and gathering information about your surfing habits. That information could then be sold to third parties who would use it for advertisement purposes. This hijackers has no beneficial features so we suggest you uninstall Searchdimension.com
You may need to obtain professional removal software in order to fully delete Searchdimension.com from the computer. This would be the quickest option as the program would do everything for you. However, you can choose to erase Searchdimension.com manually but you would need to locate the hijacker yourself. Whichever way you choose, make sure you eliminate Searchdimension.com fully so that it cannot renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchdimension.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchdimension.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchdimension.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchdimension.com and related programs.
Remove Searchdimension.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchdimension.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchdimension.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchdimension.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchdimension.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchdimension.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchdimension.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchdimension.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchdimension.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchdimension.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.