About this hijacker
Searcheasyplus.com is a browser hijacker that promises a quick, simple and uncluttered search experience. Browser hijackers are minor infections that generally don’t cause harm but they aren’t recommended to keep on the computer. They change browser’s settings, set their promoted sites as homepages/new tabs and try to redirect users to sponsored websites. Those redirects are the main purpose of such hijackers. While they aren’t malicious themselves, they can still bring about trouble. You could be led to a malicious website, where malware could download onto your device. Therefore, it’s important that you don’t use hijacker services. Hijackers tend to offer somewhat useful features so that users consider keeping them installed, but those features can easily be accessed elsewhere, thus making hijackers useless. And it would be best if you just delete Searcheasyplus.com.
If you don’t remember downloading it, it could have been added to freeware as an extra offer. The so called bundling method is common among unwanted program developers, and it still works because users are notoriously careless when installing programs.
Hijacker spread methods
If you didn’t install this hijacker from its website, than maybe you installed some kind of program recently. Frequently, freeware programs come together with unwanted items attached, and in order to prevent their installation, you need to deselect them. This is easily done but many users aren’t even aware of the attached items in the first place, thus are unable to deselect anything. It’s safe to assume that any kind of free program you install will have an attached item, and you need to deselect it. When setting up programs, always choose Advanced (Custom) settings, if available. They will show you the extra offers, and allow you to deselect them. After which, you can continue installing the program.
Should you remove Searcheasyplus.com?
The good thing about hijacker infections is that they are very noticeable. It will change your browser’s settings so that its promoted site is your homepage, and that could affect all leading browses you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once the settings have been changed, you will be unable to reverse them until you get rid of the hijacker.
Like we mentioned before, hijacker tend to offer you various features, so that you keep it installed, but the less you use it, the better. Be particularly careful when using the provided search engine, as it could be inserting sponsored content into the results in order to redirect you. Those redirects would lead to sites unrelated to your searches, and might result in a malware infection. In addition, hijackers tend to collect information about users, some of which may be personal/sensitive. That information could then be shared with third-parties.
If you would prefer the automatic method, you will need to obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of the infection. However, you can also uninstall Searcheasyplus.com yourself, you simply need to locate it. If you are unsure about where to start, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searcheasyplus.com Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searcheasyplus.com . Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searcheasyplus.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searcheasyplus.com and related programs.
Remove Searcheasyplus.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searcheasyplus.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searcheasyplus.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searcheasyplus.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searcheasyplus.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searcheasyplus.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searcheasyplus.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searcheasyplus.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searcheasyplus.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searcheasyplus.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.