Searchexcellent.com is a very dubious browser hijacker, sometimes referred to as a redirect virus. It is not a malicious computer malware but if you are thinking you want to allow it to stay on your computer, don’t. It is not a good choice. For one, it does not provide any useful services. Secondly, it will expose you to advertisement content. And lastly, you could be led to malware.
So while the hijacker itself is not malicious, we strongly recommend you uninstall Searchexcellent.com as soon as possible. Another reason to remove Searchexcellent.com is the fact that it sneaked into your computer without permission. It was attached to free software as an extra offer and you did not notice, which allowed it to install. If you want to protect your computer from possible malware infections, make sure you delete Searchexcellent.com.
How did Searchexcellent.com infect my computer?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as extra items, as we mentioned above. Those items are set to install alongside the freeware so you need to manually deselect them. In order to do that, access Advanced or Custom settings during installation. In those settings, everything that has been added will become visible and you will be given the option of deselecting all. This is not possible in Default settings so refrain from using them. If you follow our advice, you will save a lot of time because you will not need to uninstall Searchexcellent.com or similar threats.
Why remove Searchexcellent.com?
If you choose to keep Searchexcellent.com, for whatever reason, keep in mind that it could expose you to malware. It all begins with it changing your browser’s settings. Searchexcellent.com becomes your homepage and new tabs on all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes are made without permission and you cannot change them back, unless you delete Searchexcellent.com from the computer first. You would quickly notice that your homepage has been changed because Searchexcellent.com looks very unreliable. There will be a couple of links provided and a search engine. If you search for something using it, you will be shown unreliable results. Most of them will be adverts. Do not press on them because you could be taken to unreliable sites. This could lead to a malware infection. If you wish to have a clean computer, eliminate Searchexcellent.com immediately.
If you have chosen to terminate Searchexcellent.com, you can pick from two options. Manual Searchexcellent.com removal will be more time consuming because you will have to find the hijacker yourself, and that could be tricky. If you choose to eliminate Searchexcellent.com using anti-spyware software, you will have to find a reliable program but it would be easier as the program would do everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchexcellent.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchexcellent.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchexcellent.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchexcellent.com and related programs.
Remove Searchexcellent.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchexcellent.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchexcellent.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchexcellent.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchexcellent.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchexcellent.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchexcellent.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchexcellent.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchexcellent.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchexcellent.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.