Searchgby.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Searchgby.com)
Searchgby.com is a browser hijacker that usually gets installed together with the SearchGBY Toolbar. This toolbar is promoted as a utility that can add value to your searching by providing you with additional features that are not available anywhere else.
Unless those unique features mean getting presented with results from Google.com, the description of the software is not exactly truthful. The toolbar gets distributed with the help of free third party software, which makes it very likely that you allowed it to enter your system by accident. We suggest that you do not waste your time on this application, and delete Searchgby.com as soon as you can.
How does Searchgby.com work?
Searchgby Toolbar is owned by Searchgby Corporation. As it has already been mentioned, it travels bundled with freeware. When you install free software, you need to be especially attentive, because it usually comes with optional offers. These offers are rarely useful. In most cases, they are ad-supported apps or browser hijackers. If you choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar components, you should be able to avoid the unnecessary programs. Do not forget to do that next time you decide to install free third party software.
The hijacker switches your default search engine and your home page to Searchgby.com, which contains a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, News, and Twitter. Although the hijacker claims that it allows you to use several search engines at the same time, it only shows you results from Google. Its “preview”, “zoom” and “bookmark” features do not seem to work either. Moreover, the hijacker is also known to insert unwanted advertisement into the websites that you visit and redirect you to its sponsors at random. As the application does not follow through on its promises and actually causes nothing but disruptions, we suggest that you terminate Searchgby.com without hesitation.
How to remove Searchgby.com?
If you want to remove Searchgby.com, you will have to uninstall its associated program first. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose the first removal option, you can use the instructions presented in the manual Searchgby.com removal guide below. After you complete the first step, you will also need to erase Searchgby.com from your browsers. Make sure you eliminate its add-on and then fix your home page and default search engine. Alternatively, you can have all of these tasks completed for you by the anti-malware utility provided on our website. If you choose to implement the malware remover, it will not only delete Searchgby.com along with other potential threats from your PC, but also make sure to keep it shielded from similar and more serious online parasites in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchgby.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchgby.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchgby.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchgby.com and related programs.
Remove Searchgby.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchgby.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchgby.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchgby.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchgby.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchgby.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchgby.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchgby.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchgby.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchgby.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.