About this threat
If you notice your browser redirecting you to Searchgosearchtab.com every time you open it, you are probably dealing with a browser hijacker. It’s not a serious infection, though many users refer to it as a virus. It’s not difficult to see why, as hijackers behave questionably, they change your browser’s settings and insert sponsored links into results in order to redirect you. In some cases, the sites you are redirected to are not safe, and could be harboring malware. However, they will not directly harm your computer, as in they won’t delete or take your files for ransom, nor will they irreversibly change something. Nevertheless, because of the indirect threat they pose to your computer, hijackers should be dealt with right away. Therefore, don’t hesitate to delete Searchgosearchtab.com.
And if you’re wondering what kind of elaborate method it used to enter your computer, it was actually a rather simple one. Hijackers commonly use the bundling method, which is just basically adding the hijacker to a legitimate program as an extra offer. It’s pretty easy to prevent hijackers from entering your computer, you simply need to be more attentive with how you install programs.
Why should you remove Searchgosearchtab.com?
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings so that its promoted website loads as your homepage. This may affect all popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes will not be reversible unless you first get rid of the infection first, so don’t waste your time. The website is pretty basic, has a search box and may offer some kind of service, such as converting files to/from PDF.
We don’t recommend using the provided search box because you could be exposed to unreliable results. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored websites, and they do it via search engines. They insert those results among the legitimate ones, and users unknowingly press on them, ending up on weird, possibly malicious websites. This could lead to a much more serious malware infection. Hijackers also tend to collect information about users’ browsing habits, what sites they click on, etc. While they should not collect personal information, we doubt you want any kind of suspicious party to have any kind of information about you.
Hijacker spread methods
Hijackers use the bundling method to spread, which is basically just adding the unwanted hijacker to a legitimate program. If users don’t deselect it when installing the program, it will install alongside. A lot of users don’t deselect it simply because they don’t notice it. And they don’t notice it because it’s hidden. If you want to be able to deselect the items, you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing programs. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. Just uncheck the boxes and you can continue installing the program.
You may need to obtain anti-spyware software to uninstall Searchgosearchtab.com. You can do it manually, and we will provide instructions to help you, but if you doubt you can do it yourself, obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchgosearchtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchgosearchtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchgosearchtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchgosearchtab.com and related programs.
Remove Searchgosearchtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchgosearchtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchgosearchtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchgosearchtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchgosearchtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchgosearchtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchgosearchtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchgosearchtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchgosearchtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchgosearchtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.