What is Searchgra.com?
Searchgra.com is a yet another browser hijacker that attempts to convince you that it is a beneficial search tool. The hijacker even looks similar to Google.com, however, that should not confuse you into thinking that it is somehow related to the popular engine. The main purpose of Searchgra.com is to earn revenue for its developers by exposing you to various ads. That is why it alters your browser settings and causes other modifications like inserting adverts into your browsers, rerouting you to it sponsor sites, and more. If you wish to get rid of these symptoms, you should terminate Searchgra.com.
How does Searchgra.com work?
Searchgra.com works like any other browser hijacker by altering your web browser settings upon arrival. It replaces your home page and default search engine. Your new home page contains a search box and a suspicious ad, which you should avoid clicking on. If you make use of the search box, you will get presented with results that come from Google Custom Search. Make no mistake, however, because these results will be modified by the hijacker to include its own links, which may be unreliable.
In addition to the main symptom, the hijacker also causes other changes. It bombards your browsers with different types of ads such as pop-ups, links, banners, coupons, pop-unders, video ads, and more. These adverts disrupt and slow down your surfing. They also decrease your online security level by exposing you to virtual scams. Falling for a scam can result in serious troubles like wasting your money, sharing your private details, unwittingly infecting your PC, etc. You should not risk your online safety for no reason. If you wish to eliminate the unreliable ads and go back to your original preferences, you will have to get rid of Searchgra.com. The sooner you do that, the better.
How to remove Searchgra.com?
You can delete Searchgra.com from your browsers in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Automatic Searchgra.com removal is the more effective option, because it also allows you to make sure that your computer is clean from other potential threats. To complete it, you have to use an anti-malware utility. You can acquire the security tool from our site. It will perform a full system scan and detect all suspicious components. The software will not only erase Searchgra.com and other unwanted files and programs, but also protect your PC from various online parasites that you may encounter in the future. Alternatively, you can go with manual Searchgra.com removal. Instructions we have prepared below the article explain how you can terminate the hijacker’s related application and restore your browser settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchgra.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchgra.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchgra.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchgra.com and related programs.
Remove Searchgra.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchgra.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchgra.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchgra.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchgra.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchgra.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchgra.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchgra.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchgra.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchgra.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.