What is Searchhome-page.com?
Searchhome-page.com is a yet another browser hijacker that modifies your settings upon arrival. It changes your preferences in all of your browsers as it is compatible with all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. Its main aim is to boost web traffic by exposing you to various ads and rerouting you to sponsor pages. There is nothing beneficial about the tool, regardless of how it may be promoted. We advise that you terminate Searchhome-page.com without further delay.
How does Searchhome-page.com work?
The hijacker works in a similar manner to other members of this category. It replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Searchhome-page.com. The page itself may contain various suspicious ads, which is why it would be best to avoid interacting with it. The same can be stated about the search box provided on the site. If you make use of it, you may be presented with unreliable results, which will definitely include sponsored links. It is clear that this is not the best way to search the Web.
In addition to browser settings modifications, the hijacker will also cause such unwanted changes as making your computer and your online browsing speed much slower than usual. More than that, it will insert adverts into all sites that you open and cause redirects in the middle of your browsing. These adverts cannot be trusted as they are not checked by anyone before they are shown to you. Keep in mind that by clicking on fake ads you risk infecting your PC with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs. If you do not wish to deal with the consequences of falling for an online scam, you should get rid of Searchhome-page.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Searchhome-page.com?
You can remove Searchhome-page.com from your browsers by uninstalling its associated program from your computer and then fixing your web browsers. These tasks can be completed manually or you can use a malware removal tool to erase Searchhome-page.com automatically. If you choose the first option, you are welcome to follow the instructions below the article. If, however, you decide to delete Searchhome-page.com automatically, you will need an anti-malware utility. You can download the software from our site and use it to scan your PC. The malware remover will eliminate Searchhome-page.com and other threats, and ensure that your system stays shielded from other online parasites at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove searchhome-page.com Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall searchhome-page.com . Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like searchhome-page.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall searchhome-page.com and related programs.
Remove searchhome-page.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall searchhome-page.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete searchhome-page.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove searchhome-page.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for searchhome-page.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete searchhome-page.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase searchhome-page.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove searchhome-page.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall searchhome-page.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable searchhome-page.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.