What is SearchHub.info?
SearchHub.info is a browser hijacker that can modify your browser preferences without your permission. It travels in free software bundles and usually enters computer systems along with potentially unwanted applications. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker or the programs with which it arrives. It is aimed at making profit for its creators by generating web traffic. That is why you will see an increased amount of advertising data appearing in your browsers. It does no matter which web browser you are using, because the hijacker affects all of them. We recommend that terminate SearchHub.info as soon as possible.
How does SearchHub.info work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search provider to SearchHub.info. This site looks completely reliable. It contains a Search Hub logo and a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News. At the top right corner, there is also a button that allows you to make certain changes to the settings of the search tool. If you make use of the search box, you will see original results. Keep in mind, however, that they may include sponsored links. Advertising data may appear on other sites as well.
You may encounter commercial data no matter which pages you visit. It may show up in the form of pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, coupons, and other adverts. It will slow down your browsing considerably. We urge you to stay away from it, because it may be unsafe. If you do not wish to land on corrupted pages and suffer the consequences of falling for a virtual scam, you should avoid all advertisements until you delete SearchHub.info completely. Once you do, you will also get rid of the other annoying symptoms of the hijacker including redirects, tracking cookies, system slow downs, and more.
How to remove SearchHub.info?
There are two removal options available for the hijacker. You can eliminate SearchHub.info manually or automatically. Manual SearchHub.info removal can be accomplished by uninstalling the application with which the hijacker has entered your PC and restoring your browser settings afterwards. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks, you can follow the guide presented below this article. Alternatively, you can erase SearchHub.info with the help of the anti-malware tool from our page. The utility will scan your computer and detect all potential threats that reside in it. The security tool will delete SearchHub.info along with other issues and it will help you keep your system safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchHub.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchHub.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchHub.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall SearchHub.info and related programs.
Remove SearchHub.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchHub.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchHub.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchHub.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchHub.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchHub.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchHub.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchHub.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchHub.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchHub.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.