What is Searchisweb.com?
Searchisweb.com is a browser hijacker that installs onto your computer via freeware. Searchisweb.com will change your browser’s settings and set your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its domain. It does that to make redirecting you to certain websites easier. Fortunately, browser hijackers are not malicious viruses and can not cause direct damage to your computer. But that does not mean you should not delete Searchisweb.com. This redirect virus can lead you to dangerous domains and you might end up with malware. Remove Searchisweb.com to return to normal browsing.
How does Searchisweb.com spread?
Browser hijackers infects computers via software bundles. It basically means that they are attached to freeware so that when you install the freeware, you install the browser hijackers as well. If you want to avoid that, make sure you use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing something. Advanced settings allow you to see all added items and if you do not want them, you can uncheck them and in that way prevent them from installing. If you fly through the installation process in Default settings, you might end up with all sorts of different unwanted items, like adware or browser hijackers. If you notice that it has installed onto your computer, make sure you uninstall Searchisweb.com.
Why should I remove Searchisweb.com from my computer?
Browser hijackers exist to redirect you to certain websites. That’s why they are also known as redirect viruses. In order to be able to redirect you, Searchisweb.com needs to change your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Every time you open your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) you will be redirected to Searchisweb.com. If you use the search engine, you will notice that the results are full of sponsored content. Besides it being annoying, it could also cause harm to your computer. Those websites that Searchisweb.com tries to redirect you to could be dangerous as they might have malware on them. Malware is something you really do not want to have on your computer. We suggest you delete Searchisweb.com as soon as possible to protect your computer.
If you want uninstall Searchisweb.com by hand, you can do so by following our instructions below. Bear in mind that you will need to erase Searchisweb.com related programs. If you want to save time, we suggest you use anti-malware software to help you with Searchisweb.com removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchisweb.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchisweb.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchisweb.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchisweb.com and related programs.
Remove Searchisweb.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchisweb.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchisweb.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchisweb.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchisweb.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchisweb.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchisweb.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchisweb.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchisweb.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchisweb.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.