Searchjourney.net Removal Guide
Searchjourney.net is promoted as a search tool that can provide you with a customized page containing local weather, date and time, and a number of backgrounds to choose from. These features may seem beneficial, but, in reality, the application is classified as a browser hijacker. It alters your browser settings without your permission.
It causes other troubles as well. The extension enters your PC through free software bundles. It is aimed at generating revenue for its creators by exposing you to various ads. We advise that you waste no time and delete Searchjourney.net from your browsers right away.
How does Searchjourney.net work?
As it has been mentioned above, the Search Journey extension travels in freeware and shareware bundles. It often gets installed without the computer user’s notice. Once inside, it alters your browser settings including your new tab, home page, and default search provider switching them to Nt.searchjourney.net. If you make use of the search box presented on the site, you will get results from Yahoo Search, however, they will include sponsored links. You should know that the hijacker may add its own links to the search results.
In addition to changing your setting, Searchjourney.net will also insert advertising content into other pages that you visit. The ads will appear everywhere you go online. Some of them will be fake and lead you to corrupted sites. Clicking on them could lead to serious consequences including malware infections and money losses. The ads also slow down your Internet browsing. Moreover, the hijacker will redirect you to its associated sites, slow down your system performance, and track your cookies. The collected information concerning your online habits may be sold to third parties and used for marketing purposes. If you are not comfortable with that, you should uninstall Searchjourney.net without further delay.
How to remove Searchjourney.net?
In order to erase Searchjourney.net from your browsers, you will have to choose how you want to do it first. There are two available options. You can uninstall the hijacker manually or automatically. If you choose manual Searchjourney.net removal, you will have to uninstall Search Journey from your PC and browser extensions. Afterwards, you should be able to remove Searchjourney.net from your browsers without any difficulty. More detailed instructions are presented below the article. Alternatively, you can delete Searchjourney.net automatically with the help of the anti-malware utility from our site. It will scan and clean your PC completely. The malware remover will also keep your system protected from other online threats as it also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchjourney.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchjourney.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchjourney.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Searchjourney.net and related programs.
Remove Searchjourney.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchjourney.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchjourney.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchjourney.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchjourney.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchjourney.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchjourney.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchjourney.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchjourney.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchjourney.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.