SearchJungle.com is a browser hijacker promoting a questionable search engine. It is advertised as “The Advanced search of the internet search engines” and supposedly provides advanced results. What it also does is enter your computer uninvited with the help of free software. Next time you install free programs you get from the Internet, look out for attached items, such as browser hijackers.
Fortunately, searchjungle.com will not harm your computer by itself. It will however, change your browser’s settings without your explicit permission and try to redirect you to sponsored pages. That is the primary reason why a hijacker even exists. By redirecting you to those pages, it makes pay-per-click revenue. While the hijacker itself is not dangerous, searchjungle.com may expose you to malicious pages where malware could be waiting. If you are not careful, you could end up with a serious virus infection. Which is why you should delete searchjungle.com as soon as possible.
How does searchjungle.com spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as optional items that users can choose to install. They are hidden in Advanced or Custom settings and are set to install, so if you want to stop them, you need to deselect them. Use Advanced settings and uncheck the boxes of the added items. That is all you need to do. Browser hijackers are not the only unwanted items that spread this way. If you rush through the freeware installation process, you may end up with weird anti-virus programs or intrusive browsers. Now you are stuck having to uninstall searchjungle.com and all because you did not pay enough attention to how you installed programs.
Why remove searchjungle.com?
You may find that searchjungle.com has been set as your homepage on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. These setting changes cannot be undone unless you delete searchjungle.com first. Ever time you change the settings, searchjungle.com will change them again. Basically, you are stuck with this site as your homepage until you remove searchjungle.com. searchjungle.com promotes a search engines that supposedly provides advanced results but it also exposes you to sponsored pages. It does that so that it can generate pay-per-click revenue. It may also be following what you search for and gathering that information to sell to third-parties. It entered your computer without your permission, hijacked your browsers and tries to make money by using you. Does not sound like something that belongs on your computer. We suggest you uninstall searchjungle.com.
You may need to obtain professional removal software to erase searchjungle.com. Manual searchjungle.com removal is possible but locating it can be troublesome. We will provide instructions to help you eliminate searchjungle.com manually but if you struggle, obtain the removal program.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchJungle.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchJungle.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchJungle.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchJungle.com and related programs.
Remove SearchJungle.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchJungle.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchJungle.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchJungle.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchJungle.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchJungle.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchJungle.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchJungle.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchJungle.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchJungle.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.