What is Searchtab.win?
Searchtab.win is another browser hijacker pretending to be a reputable search engine. It is spread bundled with other programs so that it could secretly enter computers; however, it does not try to hide its presence on systems. After getting onto computers successfully, it immediately changes all web browsers’ settings.
Users see that their favorite websites are gone from their browsers immediately, but, frankly speaking, not all of them go to take action. Instead of going to uninstall Searchtab.win from browsers, they usually let it stay and even use it to search for the information on the web. We know that this URL looks like a legitimate search tool, but you have to trust us if you do not want to be one of those users who allow malware to enter their computers – it is not a legitimate search tool. It seems that it has been designed to show commercial advertisements only, so the Searchtab.win removal is mandatory. The sooner it gets erased, the better.
How does Searchtab.win act?
Searchtab.win pretends to be a good search tool, but it is not, for sure. The first reason it is called an untrustworthy search engine, and even a browser hijacker, is the fact that it can change browsers’ settings without permission. It alters such important settings as a homepage and default search tool. It returns search results and does not look bad at first glance, so it is not surprising that there are users who start using Searchtab.win as a tool for searching the web. If you already see this search engine when you launch your browser, do not use it as a search tool and go to delete Searchtab.win fully as soon as possible. As has been mentioned, it is a typical browser hijacker because it changes browsers’ settings without permission. Additionally, it has been designed to distribute commercial advertisements. Because of their presence, the Searchtab.win removal has to be implemented as soon as possible. These advertisements might redirect users to third-party pages with malicious software and, as a consequence, malware can show up on their systems one day.
Where does Searchtab.win come from?
If your browsers’ settings have been changed against your will, your computer is infected with a browser hijacker. Most probably, it is active on your computer because a malicious software bundle has entered your PC successfully. Browser hijackers often come together with other untrustworthy programs, so it is very likely that it will not be enough to remove Searchtab.win from browsers.
How do I delete Searchtab.win from all my browsers?
Do you already see a new search tool Searchtab.win set on all your browsers? If it can already be seen there, it means that you must go to erase this URL from your web browsers. This can be done either manually or automatically. The first removal method is more suitable for those who have some experience in the removal of malicious software, so if you are not one of these users, use an automatic scanner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchtab.winUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchtab.win. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchtab.win and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtab.win and related programs.
Remove Searchtab.win from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchtab.win from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchtab.win from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchtab.win from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchtab.win or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchtab.win from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchtab.win from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchtab.win from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchtab.win from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchtab.win and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.