Searchtodo.com Removal Guide
Searchtodo.com falls into the category of browser hijackers. It can enter your computer without your notice and make certain browser settings modifications. The hijacker aims at generating online traffic, which is why it makes these changes.
In addition to altering your preferences, it also inserts ads into your visited sites, causes redirects to its sponsors, tracks your cookies, and so on. By exposing you to advertising data, the developers of the hijacker make profit. There is nothing particularly useful about it for you as a computer user. We advise that you delete Searchtodo.com without further delay.
How does Searchtodo.com work?
The hijacker is practically identical to other programs of this category such as Securesurf.biz, Esurf.biz, Houmpage.com, and more. It replaces your home page and default search provider with Searchtodo.com, which contains a search box and links to Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, eBay, and a few other popular sites. If you make use of the search box, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. Keep in mind, however, that these results may include sponsored links added by the hijacker. The main page may also contain various adverts.
Unfortunately, the advertising data shown to you by the hijacker on its main page, in the search results, and on other websites that you visit is not checked by anyone. There is no way to be sure of its safety, so it would be best to avoid the adverts altogether. The same can be stated about the webpages that you get rerouted to in the middle of your surfing. These activities not only expose you to unsafe content, but they also slow down your Internet speed. Moreover, the hijacker uses tracking cookies and collects data about your online habits. These details can be shared with third parties and used for marketing purposes. If you wish to improve your cyber safety level, you should uninstall Searchtodo.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Searchtodo.com?
In order to remove Searchtodo.com from your browsers, you will have to choose between two removal options: manual or automatic. Manual Searchtodo.com removal requires you to delete its related application from your computer and fix your browser preferences. These tasks are described in more detail in the removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware tool and delete Searchtodo.com automatically. The security software, which you can acquire on our page, will perform a full system scan and detect all issues. It will terminate Searchtodo.com and other threats that it finds. The utility will also stay useful in the future by shielding your PC from various online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchtodo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchtodo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchtodo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtodo.com and related programs.
Remove Searchtodo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchtodo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchtodo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchtodo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchtodo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchtodo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchtodo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchtodo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchtodo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchtodo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.