What is searchwebme.com?
searchwebme.com is a part of a yet another supposedly useful application from SaferBrowser called Your Weather Hub. The program is promoted as a tool that can provide you with information about the weather. Although it does work, it is still classified as a potentially unwanted app and a browser hijacker. There are several reasons for that including the software’s distribution method and the actions that it takes, once it gets installed onto a computer. Both of these aspects are discussed below. If you wish to get rid of searchwebme.com, which is advisable, you will have to delete its related program as well.
How does searchwebme.com work?
Your Weather Hub gets distributed through free software bundles. It is usually presented as an optional offer during the installation process. This offer can be declined, however, in most cases, users are not aware of the fact that it even exists. They skip through the installation wizard clicking “Next” or “I agree” without checking the conditions of the installation. That is how they unwittingly install potentially unwanted programs. This can be avoided by choosing the Advanced installation mode and declining all additional offers presented in the wizard.
Once installed, the application changes your browser settings switching your home page, new tab, and default search engine to searchwebme.com. This site will present you with a toolbar containing such buttons as Local Weather, National Weather, Alerts, etc. and a search box. You cannot trust the results brought to you by this engine or the program’s adverts that you will see while surfing the Internet. SaferBrowser is in no way responsible for what happens to your PC after you click on a fake ad or a corrupted link inserted into your browser by the unwanted application. That is why we urge you to be cautious with the advertisements. If you wish to eliminate them altogether, you will have to delete searchwebme.com.
How to remove searchwebme.com?
There are two available searchwebme.com removal options: manual and automatic. If you want to make sure that your PC is clean and safe, you should go with the latter one. The malware removal tool, which you can download from our site, will detect all unwanted components and erase searchwebme.com from your system completely. It will also provide your computer with online protection in real time. Alternatively, you can terminate searchwebme.com by uninstalling its related app and editing your browser settings manually. Manual searchwebme.com removal instructions are provided right below for your convenience.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove searchwebme.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall searchwebme.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like searchwebme.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall searchwebme.com and related programs.
Remove searchwebme.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall searchwebme.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete searchwebme.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove searchwebme.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for searchwebme.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete searchwebme.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase searchwebme.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove searchwebme.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall searchwebme.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable searchwebme.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.