Searchy.online is a browser hijacker, the possible culprit behind the changes performed to your browser. If you do indeed find Searchy.online loading on your computer, you may want to review how you install free software because that is how it entered your computer. A browser hijacker is not cause for alarm as it is not a dangerous infection. It aims to lead users to sponsored web pages so that the owners could make money.
It will not delete, nor take your files hostage. What it will do is change your browser’s settings and try to redirect you. This may seem like a minor inconvenience but after some time it will get on your nerves. One of the main reasons why we recommend you delete Searchy.online is the possibility that it could redirect you to malicious sites. This could all lead to a serious infection.
Why uninstall Searchy.online?
Once the hijacker enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings and possibly try to lead you to sponsored pages. Searchy.online will be set as your homepage and new tabs. Browser hijackers usually perform these changes without authorization and that is why many users are confused when they notice them appearing on their browsers. Your browser, no matter if it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, will load Searchy.online every time you open it, until you remove Searchy.online and then manually change the settings. The provided search engine may possibly insert sponsored content among the legitimate results, which is how hijackers redirect users. The more traffic those websites get, the more money owners make. What is rather worrying is the fact that some hijackers may be able to redirect users to malicious content, which could lead to a serious infection. This is why you should delete Searchy.online.
You probably picked up the infection when you were installing free software and did not notice that Searchy.online was attached to it. This is not uncommon because in order to see if something has been added to software, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings and most users opt for Default. In Advanced, you will see the boxes of all added items and will be able to deselect them. Default settings do not give you that option and that is why it is not recommended to use them. By initially deselecting the added items you will save time because you will not have to uninstall Searchy.online or similar later on.
If you choose to remove Searchy.online, you can do it in two ways. Which one you choose depends on you but if you do not have much experience when it comes to computers, you may want to get professional anti-malware software to erase Searchy.online for you. Manual Searchy.online removal could be a bit difficult since locating the hijacker is hard.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchy.onlineUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchy.online. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchy.online and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchy.online and related programs.
Remove Searchy.online from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchy.online from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchy.online from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchy.online from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchy.online or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchy.online from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchy.online from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchy.online from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchy.online from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchy.online and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.