What is Secure-finder.com?
Secure-finder.com is a dubious website, considered to be a browser hijacker. It can enter your computer if you use Default settings when you install free software and it has Secure-finder.com attached to it. Fortunately, it’s not a malicious computer virus and it will not directly harm your computer. But it has plenty of annoying features that will make you want to delete Secure-finder.com as quickly as possible. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and redirect you to sponsored websites. This is typical browser hijacker behavior because they exists to generate traffic for sponsored websites. It’s not useful to you and it can even expose you to unsafe domains. You could accidentally infect your computer with malware. If you do not want to put your computer in danger, we suggest you remove Secure-finder.com.
Why should you delete Secure-finder.com?
It’s important to understand how Secure-finder.com enters computers. It does that via freeware. Essentially, Secure-finder.com is attached to freeware in a way that allows it to install together with the freeware. If you use Default settings, that is. We don’t recommend you use those settings because they will not show any added items. If you want to protect your computer from unwanted installations, use Advanced (Custom) settings. They will allow you to view and deselect any added item. It does not take any extra time so you have no reasons not to choose those settings. It will actually save you time in the long run because you will not have to uninstall Secure-finder.com or other unwanted applications.
Secure-finder.com will set itself as your homepage and new tabs. It does that so that it can redirect you to sponsored websites. Usually, browser hijackers can hijack all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. And you usually are prevented from changing the homepage, so you would need to first remove Secure-finder.com from your computer. The website is very basic, it only has a search bar that is supposed to provide you with secure results. The results are actually generated by PlusNetwork, which is a dubious search engine and a known browser hijacker. It inserts a lot of sponsored websites into the results so you will have to go through many useless websites in order to find something relevant. You could even be led to questionable websites and end up downloading malware onto your computer. We don’t suggest you keep this browser hijacker on your computer any longer and uninstall Secure-finder.com.
First of all, we suggest you obtain some sort of anti-malware software. Such a program will take care of Secure-finder.com removal quickly. But if you do not wish to get it, you can also erase Secure-finder.com manually. Instructions for how to eliminate Secure-finder.com fully will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secure-finder.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secure-finder.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Secure-finder.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Secure-finder.com and related programs.
Remove Secure-finder.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secure-finder.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secure-finder.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secure-finder.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secure-finder.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secure-finder.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secure-finder.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secure-finder.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secure-finder.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secure-finder.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.