What is Secure Search Bar?
Secure Search Bar is a browser extension that has been causing a lot of frustration for many users. It adds a supposedly “secure” search bar into your browser and hijacks your searches, forcing you to use the unreliable Secure Search Bar. It provided users with unreliable search results and generates advertisements. It spreads via software bundles and can very easily infect users who do not pay enough attention to installations processes. Many users struggle with trying to delete Secure Search Bar as many anti-malware software fails to detect this issue. Those with little experience with computers are stuck with this irritating extension and have no idea how to remove Secure Search Bar. In the last part of this article, we will provide a guide to help you remove Secure Search Bar.
What does Secure Search Bar do?
The most likely way you must have obtained Secure Search Bar is via free software bundles. It must have been attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside it. You can avoid the installations of such items by selecting Advanced or Custom settings during software installation. In those settings, you will be able to clearly see all added items and if you deselect them, they will not install. The reason you ended up with Secure Search Bar was because you used Default settings, as you cannot deselect anything in those. You would not need to uninstall Secure Search Bar had you deselected it in the first place.
According to many user reports, this extension suddenly appears on browsers. Unfortunately, it seems to be able to affect most browsers, with the exception of Mozilla Firefox. It will add a search bar into your browser and will try to force you to use it. Reportedly, when users begin to search for something, Secure Search Bar will hijack the search. The results that are given are altered. You will be quick to note that the first three results will be advertisements. Those results have nothing to do with what you were searching for and only aim to generate pay-per-click revenue. It also seems to create irritating advertisements and pop-ups as many users report experiencing browser interruptions by pop-ups redirecting them to weird web pages. You always need to be careful when it comes to redirects and ads generated by dubious browser extensions as some of them could lead to unreliable sites. You might even end up with serious malware if you are not cautious. You need to uninstall Secure Search Bar as soon as possible.
Secure Search Bar removal
It might not be possible to delete Secure Search Bar using a removal tool. Many users claim that anti-malware software and professional removal tools fail to detect it, therefore cannot erase Secure Search Bar. You will have to perform manual Secure Search Bar removal. Detailed instructions will be provided below so make sure to follow them carefully. You should be able to erase Secure Search Bar successfully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secure Search BarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secure Search Bar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Secure Search Bar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Secure Search Bar and related programs.
Remove Secure Search Bar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secure Search Bar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secure Search Bar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secure Search Bar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secure Search Bar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secure Search Bar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secure Search Bar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secure Search Bar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secure Search Bar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secure Search Bar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- Remove Secure Search Bar
- delete secure search bar
- secure search bar virus
- what is secure search bar
- secure search bar top chrome
- secure search bar malware
- remove secure search top of browser -avg
- how to remove secure search bar from firefox
- how to remove secure search bar from chrome
- what is the secure search bar in