Securery.com Removal Guide (Delete Securery.com)
Securery.com is a French browser hijacker that can change your browser settings without your approval. Its main purpose is web traffic generation, which it achieves by various means that are not limited to the settings modifications. The hijacker can redirect you to unknown sites in the middle of your surfing. It can also flood you with advertisements that belong to its sponsors.
There are no useful features that could make you want to keep the hijacker installed, which is something that you probably already know. If you want to uninstall Securery.com and go back to using your regular search tools, this article can help you with that.
How does Securery.com work?
Securery.com works like any other browser hijacker. It changes your search provider and your home page as soon as it gets installed. Your new home page contains nothing but a search box, search parameters, and two links to Legal information and Terms and Conditions. If you make use of the search box, you will be provided with original search results. Unfortunately, most of them will be sponsored ads. We do not recommend clicking on these or any other advertisements that are brought to you by the hijacker. The ads are not endorsed by the program, so they could be fake. If you click on them, you risk infecting your PC with potentially unwanted or even malicious applications.
In addition to lowering your online security level, the hijacker also poses certain threats to your privacy. Browser hijackers are known to collect information about your online surfing habits and Securery.com is no different. It records what pages you open, what you search for, what you bookmark, and so on. This information is used to personalize the commercials you see online and it could be sold to third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should terminate Securery.com right away.
How to remove Securery.com?
There are two ways you can eliminate Securery.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you will have to delete Securery.com related application from your computer and then restore your browser settings. More detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented in the manual removal guide below. If, on the other hand, you decide to remove Securery.com automatically, you will have to download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect all of its threats and erase Securery.com without any difficulty. It will also protect your computer from other infections you may stumble upon while surfing the Web as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Securery.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Securery.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Securery.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Securery.com and related programs.
Remove Securery.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Securery.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Securery.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Securery.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Securery.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Securery.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Securery.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Securery.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Securery.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Securery.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.