Securesurfs.biz is a browser hijacker that is promoting a dubious search engine. It entered your computer via free software bundles when you were installing freeware. If you did not pay enough attention to what you were doing, you probably did not notice Securesurfs.biz being attached. When those extra offers go unnoticed, they are allowed to install. The good news is that the infection is not serious.
The hijacker aims to redirect you to sponsored pages but does not actually harm your computer by itself. It will, however, change browser’s settings without permission. It should also be noted that some hijackers are capable of redirecting users to malicious sites where malware could be encountered. If you want to avoid a possibly serious infection, you ought to remove Securesurfs.biz.
How does Securesurfs.biz spread?
If you usually install free programs in Default settings, that is where you are making a mistake. Default settings do not show you if anything has been attached to the freeware and by using them, you are basically opening a door for all kinds of unwanted programs to enter your system. You can easily prevent the installations by manually deselecting everything. This can be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the installation process. When you access those settings, you will see all extra offers, and all you need to do is uncheck the boxes. Unless you enjoy having to delete Securesurfs.biz and similar threats constantly, take our advice.
Why uninstall Securesurfs.biz?
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will make changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. This is uncommon because all hijackers do that. So Securesurfs.biz will open every time you launch Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. These changes can get annoying pretty quickly, especially because when you perform a search via address bar, you will be taken to nova.rambler.ru, which is a known browser hijacker. The changes cannot be undo unless you first remove Securesurfs.biz. Until then, you will see Securesurfs.biz all the time. There will be links to popular sites such as Facebook, eBay, Amazon, etc., as well as a search bar. Just like with the address bar, if you perform a search via it, you will be taken to nova.rambler.ru. The search engine will insert sponsored content into the results so that you would be redirected to sponsored sites. By redirecting you, the hijackers generates traffic and in turn, money for site owners. The worrying thing about this is that it could also lead you to malicious sites where malware could be waiting for you. We strongly advise you do not use it, and uninstall Securesurfs.biz as soon as possible.
If you choose to delete Securesurfs.biz, there are two ways you can do it. If you choose manual nova.rambler.ru removal, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. This is why we suggest you erase Securesurfs.biz using anti-malware software. The program would have no problems with locating the hijacker.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Securesurfs.bizUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Securesurfs.biz. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Securesurfs.biz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Securesurfs.biz and related programs.
Remove Securesurfs.biz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Securesurfs.biz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Securesurfs.biz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Securesurfs.biz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Securesurfs.biz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Securesurfs.biz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Securesurfs.biz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Securesurfs.biz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Securesurfs.biz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Securesurfs.biz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.