Securewebsearch.info Removal Guide
Securewebsearch.info is a browser hijacker that belongs to InfoSpace, Inc. and is promoted as a search tool that can bring you top results from Google, Yahoo, and other popular search providers. In reality, however, it is not as useful as it claims to be. The hijacker gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles and in most cases enters your computer without your notice.
It is used to generate web traffic and thus make profit for its developers. There is no reason why you should keep it installed on your PC. We suggest that you delete Securewebsearch.info without hesitation.
Once the hijacker infiltrates your system, it changes your home page and default search engine to Securewebsearch.info. This page looks like most other search portals. It contains a logo, a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News, and links to About, Privacy, Terms, and Contact us. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results that will mostly consist of sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on any of the sponsored content as it may be unreliable. If you do not want to end up on a corrupted page and deal with some kind of a virtual scam, you should avoid all adverts until you terminate Securewebsearch.info.
Another aspect of the hijacker that you should know about is that it tracks your cookies and collects non-personally identifiable information about your browsing habits. This includes the pages you visit, the searches you make, the ads you click on, and more. This data may be shared with third parties and used to personalize the adverts that are shown to you online. If you do not want to share any of your details or be flooded with customized ads, you will have to eliminate Securewebsearch.info from your browsers.
How to remove Securewebsearch.info?
You can remove Securewebsearch.info from your browsers manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with the second option as it is more reliable. If you download the anti-malware tool and install it, the software will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted files and programs. You will be able to delete Securewebsearch.info along with them. Moreover, the malware remover will also help you keep your PC safe in the future by functioning as a malware prevention measure. If, on the other hand, you decide to uninstall Securewebsearch.info manually, you will have to uninstall the application with which the hijacker has entered your computer and restore your browser settings. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can use the instructions presented in the manual removal guide below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Securewebsearch.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Securewebsearch.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Securewebsearch.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Securewebsearch.info and related programs.
Remove Securewebsearch.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Securewebsearch.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Securewebsearch.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Securewebsearch.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Securewebsearch.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Securewebsearch.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Securewebsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Securewebsearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Securewebsearch.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Securewebsearch.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.