What is Secury-surf.com?
Secury-surf.com is capable of altering your browser settings without your permission, which is why it falls into the category of browser hijackers. It may not be a malicious threat, but it does not improve your online experience in any way either. In fact, it lowers the quality and security level of your surfing by exposing you to unreliable advertising data. As the hijacker is aimed at making profit by promoting its sponsors, it will take any opportunity to present you with ads. You will see them no matter which browser you use or where you go online. We advise that you waste no time and get rid of Secury-surf.com without hesitation.
How does Secury-surf.com work?
Before we move on to describing the symptoms linked to the hijacker, you should know how it ended up in your system. Like other unwanted apps, browser hijackers use the bundling distribution method. This means that they get attached to free third party software and appear in their installation wizards as optional offers. It is possible to decline these offers, however, if you skip through the wizard, you simply do not notice them. That is why it is so important to pay careful attention to all steps of the installation, otherwise you will have to deal with potentially unwanted programs every time you install freeware.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search engine to Secury-surf.com upon arrival. This modification may be the most obvious change, but it is certainly not the only one. As we have already stated, the goal of the hijacker is to expose you to advertising content. This is achieved not only by including sponsored links into the search results that are shown to you by your new search engine, but also by inserting various ads into all pages that you visit.
The ads appear on the sites that you go to regardless of their content. They are not checked by anyone, so they could be completely fake and clicking on them could put you into the position of facing online scams. If you fall for a scam, you may infect your computer with malign software, lose your money, and so on. To make sure none of that happens, you should eliminate Secury-surf.com from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove Secury-surf.com?
In case you are still not convinced that you should terminate Secury-surf.com, let us remind you that the hijacker is also known to slow down your browsing and computer performance, collect information about your online habits, and cause redirects to unfamiliar websites. There are two ways you can erase Secury-surf.com for good: manually or automatically. Manual Secury-surf.com removal instructions are presented below the article, however, we advise that you go with the automatic removal instead. The utility presented on our page can help you delete Secury-surf.com and clean your PC from other parasites it may contain.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secury-surf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secury-surf.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Secury-surf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Secury-surf.com and related programs.
Remove Secury-surf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secury-surf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secury-surf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secury-surf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secury-surf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secury-surf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secury-surf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secury-surf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secury-surf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secury-surf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.