seekit.com can be considered to be a browser hijacker due to its ability to change your browser’s settings It might invade your computer without you knowing by attaching itself to freeware you install onto their computers. It might change your homepage, new tabs and search engine to www.seekit.com. And you might not be able to change the settings back. Basically, every time you open your browser, it might redirect you to that domain. This redirect virus does not put your computer in direct danger, rather it can expose you to danger if you use it. It has no beneficial features so we suggest you remove seekit.com.
seekit.com spread ways
Browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) usually spread using the bundling method. That means they are attached to freeware. When users install that freeware, they end up installing those items as well. You can prevent that however, by using Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. In those settings, you will be able to see what will be installed along with the freeware. If you use Default settings, you will miss those additional items being installed. That is how seekit.com could have installed onto your computer. If it did manage to install on your computer, make sure to uninstall seekit.com.
How does seekit.com harm my computer
When it gets on your computer, seekit.com might change your browser’s settings and set you homepage, new tabs and search engine to seekit.com. You might not be able to change the settings back without having to delete seekit.com. seekit.com promotes itself by claiming to be a safe search engine with the ability to remove unsafe search results. It only claims to do that, who knows to what websites you are being exposed to by using seekit.com. Browser hijackers often redirect users to certain sites in order to generate traffic on those sites. They might also lead you to potentially dangerous websites and you might end up with a serious virus infection on your computer. There is a possibility that seekit.com will act the same way so don’t take risks and uninstall seekit.com.
It really is not useful to you and might expose you to danger if you continue to use it, so we suggest you terminate seekit.com. You can remove seekit.com both manually and automatically. For quicker seekit.com removal use anti-malware software. Instructions on how to delete seekit.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SEEKIT SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SEEKIT Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SEEKIT Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SEEKIT Search and related programs.
Remove SEEKIT Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SEEKIT Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SEEKIT Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SEEKIT Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SEEKIT Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SEEKIT Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SEEKIT Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SEEKIT Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SEEKIT Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SEEKIT Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.