SENTRY.exe Removal Guide
SENTRY.exe is a suspicious executable file that has been linked to various unwanted applications. Its main purpose is to launch its related software or some of its components. The file has been in particularly associated with IPInsight, which is classified as adware.
Ad-supported programs have only one goal and that is to expose you to as much commercial data as possible. The owners of these programs make profit every time users click on the presented ads. If you want to eliminate SENTRY.exe from your computer, you will have to uninstall the application to which it belongs.
How does SENTRY.exe work?
As soon as the adware gets installed on your computer, it starts flooding you with various commercials. These commercials appear on all of your visited sties in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, hyperlinks, and so on. The main problem with the advertising content, other than the fact that it is annoying and completely unnecessary, is that it can also be misleading. The ad-supported program does not hold any responsibility for the content that it shows you, which means that this content may be unsafe. If you click on a fake advert or link, you will land on a corrupted page and risk falling victim to an online scam. If you want to avoid such risks, you should terminate SENTRY.exe related app.
Another reason why you should delete SENTRY.exe is because it is known to collect information about your online surfing habits. It is capable of tracking your cookies and recording such data as your visited pages, made searches, clicked ads, and so on. Moreover, the file can also connect to the Internet without your authorization and download various files and programs onto your PC. There is no way to be sure that these components will be harmless. We suggest that you uninstall SENTRY.exe and thus improve your system’s security level.
How to remove SENTRY.exe?
If you want to delete SENTRY.exe, you will have to delete its ad-supported program. This can be done with the help of a malware prevention and removal tool presented on our page. If you download and install the anti-malware, it will scan your system and detect all potentially harmful components that it contains. It will remove SENTRY.exe along with other issues. It will also keep your PC safe in the future by providing it with powerful online protection. Alternatively, you can try to delete SENTRY.exe related application manually. You can use the instructions below the article. If you are not sure which application is responsible for the executable, you are welcome to implement the free scanner from our page to identify it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SENTRY.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SENTRY.exe. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like SENTRY.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SENTRY.exe and related programs.
Remove SENTRY.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SENTRY.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SENTRY.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SENTRY.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SENTRY.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SENTRY.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SENTRY.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SENTRY.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SENTRY.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SENTRY.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.