About .Serp Virus
.Serp Virus is the file extension that will be added to files encrypted with the new version of Serpent ransomware. Ransomware is one of the most dangerous pieces of malware because of its ability to encrypt files. Once the files are encrypted, there is little the victim could do to get them back. The developers will ask that victims pay for a decryption key but even then, decryption is unlikely.
Ransomware developers not always restore the files because they do not fell obligated to do so. They could just take the money and leave your files as they are. Having backup these days is extremely important because infecting computers with ransomware is quite easy. Infection happens when users carelessly open spam email attachments or get tricked by fake downloads. We do not recommend complying with the demands, and instead you should delete .Serp Virus.
Is .Serp Virus that dangerous?
Once it enters your computer, the ransomware will start encrypting your files. If you try to open them, you will not be able to and you will notice that all of them have the .Serp file extension attached to them. You should then find a ransom note which will explain everything. It will be explained that your files have been encrypted and that you need to pay a certain amount of money in order to restore them. While many users might panic and think about paying, it is important to remember that the people behind .Serp Virus are cyber criminals and they might not necessarily decrypt your files just because you pay. It would not be shocking if you pay and not get anything in return. Besides, by paying you will be essentially supporting those criminals and their future projects. Ignore the demands and remove .Serp Virus. Invest that money into reliable backup so that you do not end up in this situation again. And if you had back up prior to infection, you can restore your files after you delete .Serp Virus.
The reason your computer is infected is probably because you opened an infected spam email attachment or downloaded something from unreliable sources. When dealing with emails from unknown contacts, it is important that you are careful. Research about emails containing ransomware and be on the look out for signs that it could be malicious. All you have to do to get infected is open the wrong email attachment, the virus then downloads onto your computer. Downloading content from dubious sources could also lead to an infection. If you require some kind of program, use official websites and not suspicious sources.
.Serp Virus removal
You will have to obtain professional anti-malware software in order to remove .Serp Virus from your computer. It would be too difficult for the regular user to take care of .Serp Virus removal manually. You could end up damaging your computer further if you attempt it. Unfortunately, even after you erase .Serp Virus, your files will remain encrypted. If you have backup, restore your files after you eliminate .Serp Virus.
Download Removal Toolto scan for .Serp VirusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for .Serp Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .Serp Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .Serp Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .Serp Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .Serp Virus
Remove .Serp Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .Serp Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .Serp Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .Serp Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.