Shopping Assistant Removal Instructions (Remove Shopping Assistant)
Shopping Assistant is an ad-supported application that is promoted as a tool that can help you find the best deals while shopping online. For someone who often shops online it may seem like an good way to save some money, however, that is not the intention of the program at all. Unfortunately, the software is aimed to generating web traffic by flooding you with commercial data.
Every time you click on one of the links, the developers of the application make profit. Some of these links may be safe, however, the program will also expose you to fake ads. If you wish to improve your online security level, you should delete Shopping Assistant without hesitation.
How does Shopping Assistant work?
Once Shopping Assistant gets installed, it adds an extension to your browser. At the moment, it is only compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The adware starts flooding you with various commercials including pop-ups, banners, links, and other types of ads, which appear on all of your visited pages. It does not matter if you enter a site that has nothing to do with online shopping, you will still see the unnecessary adverts.
The reason why you should not hesitate to uninstall Shopping Assistant is because some of the ads that it inserts into your browsers are fake. If you click on a fake advert, you will get redirected to a corrupted webpage. You should know that this can lead to various undesirable consequences including infecting your PC with malware or wasting your money on bogus shopping sites. Do not click on any ads that are brought to you by the unreliable application. In fact, you should avoid all commercial content until you eliminate Shopping Assistant from your computer for good.
How to remove Shopping Assistant?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to terminate Shopping Assistant. All you need to do is uninstall it via Control Panel and, if necessary, delete its extension from your browsers. Instructions presented below can help you with manual Shopping Assistant removal. If, however, you want to make sure that you not only delete Shopping Assistant, but also eliminate other unwanted programs from your PC, you should implement the anti-malware tool provided on our page. It will scan your system and detect all potential threats, which you will then be able to erase completely. Moreover, the software functions not only as a malware removal, but also as a malware prevention utility, so it will protect your computer from other infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Shopping AssistantUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Shopping Assistant. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Shopping Assistant and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Shopping Assistant and related programs.
Remove Shopping Assistant from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Shopping Assistant from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Shopping Assistant from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Shopping Assistant from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Shopping Assistant or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Shopping Assistant from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Shopping Assistant from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Shopping Assistant from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Shopping Assistant from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Shopping Assistant and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.