What is Sir123.com?
Sir123.com is a browser hijacker aimed at Chinese computer users. It can change your web browser preferences like your home page and default search provider. It can also cause other unwanted changes that will disrupt your online surfing. The hijacker can insert advertisements into various pages, redirect you to unfamiliar sites, and so on. There is nothing beneficial about it for computer users. Its developers, however, make profit every time you click on the adverts. You should not tolerate the inconveniences that the hijacker causes. We advise that you delete Sir123.com without hesitation.
How does Sir123.com work?
The hijacker spreads in the same manner as other potentially unwanted programs. It uses the bundling method, which means that it gets attached to free third party software. When you install freeware, the hijacker is presented as an optional offer. Unless you decline this offer, you agree to adding the hijacker to your computer automatically. In some cases, users do not even notice doing so, because they do not pay attention to the installation process. If you want to avoid similar apps in the future, you need to be more cautious with the software that you install. Always make sure that you choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unknown applications offered to you.
After Sir123.com infiltrates your PC, it modifies your browser settings. Your new home page contains lots of quick access links divided into such categories as Fashion, Books and Music, Digital, Women’s Boutique, Household, and more. As it has already been mentioned, the site is presented in Chinese, so if you do not speak the language, you will not be able to make use of it at all. However, even if you do, interacting with the page is not something we would recommend. It may lead you to unreliable websites. It would also be advisable to avoid all adverts that are linked to the hijacker, because they may be fake as well. If you want to improve your online safety, you should terminate Sir123.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Sir123.com?
You can eliminate Sir123.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual Sir123.com removal, you will have to uninstall the app that arrived together with the hijacker and then reset your browsers. Instructions presented below this article can assist you with both of these tasks. If, on the other hand, you choose to erase Sir123.com automatically, you will have to use a malware removal tool. The anti-malware utility will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. It will then remove Sir123.com and other threats. It will also protect your computer from similar and more dangerous Internet-based infections as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove sir123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall sir123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like sir123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall sir123.com and related programs.
Remove sir123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall sir123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete sir123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove sir123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for sir123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete sir123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase sir123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove sir123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall sir123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable sir123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.