SkinnyPlayer Removal Tips
SkinnyPlayer is an advertising-supported program that is promoted as a lightweight media player, which can improve your viewing and listening experience. This supposedly useful tool only aims at making profit for its developers and nothing more. It employs the pay-per-click system, which means that it makes money each time you click on the ads that it inserts into your browsers.
Since it affects all most commonly used web browsers, you will not be able to avoid its symptoms. If you wish to get rid of the never-ending adverts, you will have to delete SkinnyPlayer from your PC.
How does SkinnyPlayer work?
If you do not remember installing SkinnyPlayer yourself, that may be because it has entered your computer bundled with other freeware. When you download free software from such webpages as filehippo.com, softonic.com, cnet.com, soft32.com, and similar, you may acquire more than just the program of your choice. During the installation process, you will be offered to install additional apps. These apps are usually ad-supported and their main purpose is to monetize the free services. There is no reason why you should install them. We recommend that you always choose the Advanced or Custom mode when installing free software and decline all optional offers presented to you.
As soon as SkinnyPlayer get installed, you will start noticing various advertisements appearing on your screen regardless of which websites you visit. These ads may be labeled “Powered by SkinnyPlayer”, “Ads by SkinnyPlayer”, and similar. The application may also redirect you to its associated pages in the middle of your surfing sessions. We urge you not to interact with the content that it presents you with, because it may be unsafe. The adware does not endorse the data that it inserts into your browsers, so you click on it at your own risk. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s security, you should avoid all ads until you terminate SkinnyPlayer.
How to remove SkinnyPlayer?
You can uninstall SkinnyPlayer from your computer manually or automatically. If you think you may have other unwanted apps in your system, you should go with the automatic removal option. By implementing the anti-malware from our page, you will be able to remove SkinnyPlayer and other unwanted files and programs present on your PC. Moreover, the security tool will also provide your system with real-time online protection, so that you can surf the Internet without any worries. Alternatively, you can go with the manual SkinnyPlayer removal option. Step-by-step instructions on how to delete SkinnyPlayer manually are presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SkinnyPlayerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SkinnyPlayer. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SkinnyPlayer and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SkinnyPlayer and related programs.
Remove SkinnyPlayer from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SkinnyPlayer from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SkinnyPlayer from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SkinnyPlayer from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SkinnyPlayer or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SkinnyPlayer from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SkinnyPlayer from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SkinnyPlayer from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SkinnyPlayer from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SkinnyPlayer and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.