What is this threat
Slicksearch.com is a not trustworthy redirect virus that will redirect you to make traffic. These kinds of unneeded browser hijackers can take over your browser and perform undesirable alterations to it. Even though they do annoy quite a few users with unnecessary adjustments and questionable reroutes, hijackers are not regarded as malevolent malware. These hijackers don’t directly endanger your device however one is more likely to face serious malevolent software. Browser intruders don’t filter through the portals they may direct you to, thus malware could be installed if users were to visit an infected web page. Users might be directed to unfamiliar portals by this dubious page, therefore there is no reason why users ought to not abolish Slicksearch.com.
Why should users remove Slicksearch.com?
You did not notice added items when you were installing free programs, therefore, Slicksearch.com has infected your computer. Browser intruders and advertisement-supported applications are normally the items added to it. Those risks do not pose threat to one’s machine, however they might be frustrating. You may believe that selecting Default mode when setting up freeware is the suitable option, when in reality this is not the case. Affixed items will install automatically if you choose Default mode. Select Advanced or Custom installation mode if you wish to not need to abolish Slicksearch.com and similar. You ought to only continue on with the installation after you untick the boxes of all additional offers.
A user’s browser will be taken over by browser intruders, just like the tittle says. It’s useless investing effort into switching browsers. Certain users will be taken by surprise when they see that Slicksearch.com has been set as users’ home web site and new tabs. These of reconfigurations were performed without consenting to it, and in order to alter the settings, you would firstly need to get rid of Slicksearch.com and then manually modify the settings. The search engine on the website will inject advertisements into the results. Redirect viruses are made to reroute, so don’t hope for it to present you proper results. Those sites might route one to malware, and this is why they should be evaded. Since all the browser hijacker offers may be found somewhere else, we firmly think that users ought to delete Slicksearch.com.
If you known where to locate it, it should not be too tough to abolish Slicksearch.com. If you run into difficulty, however, one ought to use a professional deletion application to abolish this particular threat. Your browser issues regarding this contamination will be fixed after full Slicksearch.com deletion.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Slicksearch.com VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Slicksearch.com Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Slicksearch.com Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Slicksearch.com Virus and related programs.
Remove Slicksearch.com Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Slicksearch.com Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Slicksearch.com Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Slicksearch.com Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Slicksearch.com Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Slicksearch.com Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Slicksearch.com Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Slicksearch.com Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Slicksearch.com Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Slicksearch.com Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.