What is Slightsearch.ru?
Slightsearch.ru is a browser hijacker aimed at computer users living in Russia. That, however, does not mean that users from other countries are safe from it. Although the hijacker is not a harmful application, it can cause various unwanted modifications to your browsers, from which you will not benefit in any way. It is aimed at boosting online traffic, so it will add various commercial data into your visited sites, cause web page redirection to its sponsor, and so on. These activities will affect your surfing and your system speed. If you want to go back to your original search tools, you will have to get rid of Slightsearch.ru.
How does Slightsearch.ru work?
Once Slightsearch.ru invades your computer, it switches your home page and default search engine. This is done in order to present you with advertising content at all times. The hijacker shows you results from Go.mail.ru, however, these results may be altered to include sponsored links. You will also see various ads, pop-ups, banners, and links on other sites that you open. We do not recommend clicking on them, because they may be unsafe. There is no point in risking your system’s security, especially considering that clicking on a fake ad may result in you infecting your PC with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs. This is one of the main reasons for you to terminate Slightsearch.ru right away.
It is likely that you do not remember installing Slightsearch.ru. That is because it enters your PC through free software bundles. It may arrive with such unwanted programs as browser toolbars, adware, and more. It is clear that you should try to avoid such applications in the future. That is why we urge you to be more attentive during free software installation and always decline optional offers. If you install freeware in the Advanced mode, you are usually given the choice to deselect all additional apps. This is exactly what you should do the next time you deal with free third party software.
How to remove Slightsearch.ru?
Slightsearch.ru removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you can follow the instructions that are prepared below this article. They explain how you can delete Slightsearch.ru related application and fix your browser settings. If you follow them carefully, you should be able to erase Slightsearch.ru without much difficulty. There is a more reliable solution, however, and that is automatic removal. All it requires you to do is implement an anti-malware tool. The utility can be downloaded from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all potential threats, and eliminate Slightsearch.ru along with them. It will also safeguard your system from similar and more serious online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove slightsearch.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall slightsearch.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like slightsearch.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall slightsearch.ru and related programs.
Remove slightsearch.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall slightsearch.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete slightsearch.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove slightsearch.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for slightsearch.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete slightsearch.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase slightsearch.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove slightsearch.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall slightsearch.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable slightsearch.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to delete slightsearch ru to google chrome
- slightsearch ru removal
- slightsearch crome
- how to remove slightsearch ru
- slight search ru removal
- REMOVE SLIGHTSEARCH RU
- chrome search switches to mail ru
- remove slightsearch from Chrome search engine
- how to remove slightsearch ru in google chrome
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.