About Smart Mac Cleaner
Smart Mac Cleaner is a questionable system optimizer, classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). As is obvious from the name, the program is aimed at Mac computers. It may install on your Mac without your explicit permission, and may try to convince you that your computer is full of issues. If you notice it installed and it’s constantly pestering you with notifications about issues, it’s trying to get you to buy the full version of the program. The free version only allows you to scan the system, but the paid version of the program is necessary if you want to solve the identified issues.
Loads of legitimate programs ask that users purchase the full version in order to use the full functionality. However, plenty of shady programs try to scare users into thinking that their computers are full of issues by making minor ones seem very serious or making them up altogether. When dealing with this program, we strongly suggest you review scan results and not immediately believe what it claims.
If you do not remember installing the program yourself, you should delete Smart Mac Cleaner. It was likely attached to some free program you were installing, and installed alongside. This is a rather sneaky method because you were probably not aware of the program being attached, thus were tricked into allowing it to install. Programs that install this way should not be permitted to remain.
How do PUPs install?
Since Smart Mac Cleaner is an actual program, it’s not impossible for you to have downloaded it yourself. However, with the amount of similar programs available, the chances of you stumbling upon this one are slim. If you don’t remember installing it, it was probably attached to a free program you installed. When something is added to a program, it can install alongside automatically. If you want to prevent that from happening in the future, you need to pay attention to how you install programs. When installing freeware, always opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. Those settings will make all added offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. We do not recommend installing any of the offers, as they are unlikely to be of any use to you.
Should you remove Smart Mac Cleaner?
While the program isn’t malicious, and we cannot force you to get rid of it, you should do careful research before deciding to buy it.
First of all, you will notice how persistent the program is. If it’s installed but you don’t buy it, it will keep showing you annoying notifications about supposed issues on your computer. Scan results will show you tens, possibly even hundreds of things wrong. However, it mainly focuses on junk files and apps using a lot of your system memory. Basically, it detects issues you can easily fix yourself. If you become alarmed and try to fix the issues via the program, you would be asked to purchase the full version, which we do not suggest doing. Check the scan results and see whether the detected issues actually exist. If they do, check whether you actually need the program to fix them.
Since the program is not exactly reliable, you should be careful when using it. Don’t make a purchase just because it claims your Mac has severe issues.
Smart Mac Cleaner removal
If you have decided to uninstall Smart Mac Cleaner, you should be able to easily do it manually. Finder -> Applications. Find Smart Mac Cleaner and drag it to bin located in your Dock. Once it’s in, right-click on the bin and select “Empty Trash”. That should get rid of the program. It’s also possible that anti-spyware software will detect it, so you can also try that.
Download Removal Toolto remove Smart Mac CleanerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smart Mac Cleaner. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Smart Mac Cleaner and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smart Mac Cleaner and related programs.
Remove Smart Mac Cleaner from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smart Mac Cleaner from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smart Mac Cleaner from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smart Mac Cleaner from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smart Mac Cleaner or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smart Mac Cleaner from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smart Mac Cleaner from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smart Mac Cleaner from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smart Mac Cleaner from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smart Mac Cleaner and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.