About Smart System Care
Smart System Care is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that supposedly improves your computer’s performance by solving a bunch of issues. If it gets into your computer, which it does via free software bundles, it will scan your computer, detect some problems and then suggest you solve them.
Of course, in order to do that you’d need to buy the full version of the program. The issues that it claims to find are not that important and generally don’t affect the computer’s performance. The program is just trying to scare you into thinking that your system is damaged by flashing warnings about various issues. Pay more attention to how you install free programs and you should be able to avoid irritating PUPs like Smart System Care in the future. And in the mean time, delete Smart System Care.
Why is Smart System Care on my computer?
Either you installed it yourself, which we highly doubt, or it entered your computer via software bundles. It could have been attached to free software as an extra offer. Those offers are allowed to install because you do not uncheck them during installation. You probbaly do not even notice them because they are hidden. This happens if you use Default settings. Instead of that, what you should do, is use Advanced or Custom settings. They will allow you to see what has been added, if there is something, and you will also be able to deselect everything. We recommend you uncheck all the boxes so that no unwanted program can sneak past. You will be constantly stuck having to remove Smart System Care and similar if you continue to rush and use Default settings, so rethink your habits.
Why uninstall Smart System Care?
When the program installs, it will initiate a scan of your computer and then inform you that your computer has various issues differing in severity. Those issues are supposedly slowing down your computer. If you want to allow the program to take care of all those issues, you will have to purchase the full version. And that is the main intention of this PUP. It merely wants you to buy it. Those issues that are supposedly so severe they are decreasing your computer’s performance are actually old registry files that do not affect your computer whatsoever. They are just leftovers. There’s not much evidence to support the claim that these kinds of programs do any good. Actually, it could be the opposite. It might delete something that is actually needed. And if you are in need of such tools, there’s plenty of free ones to choose from. Delete Smart System Care.
Smart System Care removal
It should not be difficult to remove Smart System Care if you know where it is. To help you, there will be a Smart System Care removal guide provided below this article. And some security programs detect Smart System Care as a threat so you may be able to uninstall Smart System Care using one.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Smart System CareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smart System Care. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Smart System Care and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smart System Care and related programs.
Remove Smart System Care from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smart System Care from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smart System Care from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smart System Care from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smart System Care or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smart System Care from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smart System Care from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smart System Care from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smart System Care from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smart System Care and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.