Smarter Password Removal Guide (Uninstall Smarter Password)
Smarter Password is promoted as a toolbar that can offer you randomly generated passwords, which you can use for your online accounts. It is also supposed to provide you with tips on how to create the best passwords for different sites.
The application has an official website, however, this site is listed as potentially unsafe and is usually blocked by security tools. This means that it is more than likely that the potentially unwanted program has arrived onto your PC through a free software bundle. It may have changed your browser settings as well. We suggest that you delete Smarter Password from your computer without further delay.
As it has already been mentioned, Smarter Password travels in freeware bundles. It may enter your system without your notice, because it is presented in the installation wizard as an optional offer, which can easily be overlooked. If you want to avoid potentially unwanted programs in the future, you need to be more attentive during free software installation. Always choose Advanced mode and deselect the unfamiliar components.
Mindspark Interactive Network is mentioned as the source of Smarter Password on its official site. The company is responsible for a variety of similar tools, not all of which are trustworthy. Once the program gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browsers. It may also alter your web browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. After the application’s arrival, you may start noticing various advertisements showing up in your browsers labeled “Powered by Smarter Password”, “Ads by Smarter Password”, and similar. We urge you not to click on these ads, because they may be unreliable. If you do not want to end up on corrupted pages, you should avoid these all of ads. If you want to get rid of them altogether, you will have to eliminate Smarter Password from your PC.
How to remove Smarter Password?
You can terminate Smarter Password manually or automatically. Since it is not a malicious threat, you should not have any difficulties no matter which option you choose. However, you should know that automatic Smarter Password removal is a more efficient solution. If you download and install the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to scan your system. The utility will show you all detected threats and allow you to delete Smarter Password along with them. You will not only remove Smarter Password, but also make sure that your PC stays protected from other infections in the future. Alternatively, you can uninstall Smarter Password manually. Manual removal instructions are presented below this article and you are welcome to use them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Smarter PasswordUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smarter Password. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Smarter Password and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smarter Password and related programs.
Remove Smarter Password from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smarter Password from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smarter Password from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smarter Password from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smarter Password or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smarter Password from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smarter Password from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smarter Password from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smarter Password from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smarter Password and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.